RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotwire has changed the boundaries of the Sky Harbor Intl Airport PHX and Tempe-ASU zones. Two hotels that were previously reported in the Tempe-ASU zone -- the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Tempe and the Fiesta Resort Conference Center -- are now in the Airport zone.

Priceline has changed the name of the Everett zone in the Seattle, WA area to Mukilteo-South Everett

• 2 weeks later...

San Francisco Priceline changes:

1) USW-Nob Hill zone. Kensington Park Hotel upgraded 2* to 3*.

2) USE zone. Galleria Park Hotel upgraded 2* to 3*.

3) USE zone. Hotel Juliana is now the WorldMark Hotel. It might not participate in Priceline anymore as it appears to be a timeshare property now.

4) SFO Airport zone. The 2* Goodnite Inn is now the CitiGarden Hotel. (Yes, "Citi" not "City"). The Goodnite Inn is also in the Hotwire Hotel List as a 2* in the Airport North-Oyster Point zone.

Priceline's Convention Center - UNLV zone has been split into two zones: Las Vegas Convention Center and Near Las Vegas Strip East.

Las Vegas (Convention Center)

4* Renaissance

3.5* Hilton Las Vegas

3.5* Marriott Suites

3* Courtyard (3275 Paradise Road)

3* Residence Inn Convention Center

2* Homestead Suites

Las Vegas (Near Strip East)

4* Hard Rock

3* Alexis Park Resort

3* Embassy Suites

3* Hyatt Place

3* Residence Inn Hughes Center

2* Extended Stay Deluxe East Flamingo

2* Fairfield Inn

4* bidding is now available in the Sonoma, CA zone. (The likely contender is MacArthur Place as it is the only 4 star in this zone that appears in Priceline's retail section).

This change means Sonoma zone is no longer a free rebid when bidding 4 stars in the Napa zone.

4 star bidding is no longer available in the Oakland/East Bay (Lafayette-Concord) zone with Priceline downgrading the Renaissance Club Sport to 3.5 stars. (Note: The 4* Lafayette Park Hotel hasn't been reported in several years).

Personally, this is a very disappointing move as I frequently used this hotel via Priceline to house guests as it's right up the street from my condo. It is a very highly-rated hotel, as evidenced by the 4.5 Tripadvisor rating and is a definite cut above the 3.5 Concord Hilton and Crowne Plaza.

4* bidding is once again availabe in this zone. However, the Renaissance Club Sport remains at 3.5 stars (downgraded earlier this year from 4 stars). So it appears the Lafayette Park Hotel is once again participating in "name your own price". It's also the only 4* hotel in the zone in both the vacation package and retail side of Priceline.

Hotwire changes in Oakland/East Bay (Concord-Walnut Creek-Lafayette) per vacation package search 8/14-8/16

3* Holiday Inn Concord downgraded to 2.5 stars. Amenities remaind unchanged -- Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Internet.

3* Holiday inn Walnut Creek has been converted to a Holiday Inn Express. Internet has been added to previous amenities of Fitness, Pool, Restaurant & Laundry.

Woodland Hills (in the San Fernando valley) no longer has 3.5 star hotels. This was observed on Aug 16, 2009. This means that the Hilton, which was a very reliable 3.5 star hotel is either no longer available or it has been downgraded.

I just won 3* and it is the Staybridge in Chatsworth - tragically far from where I hoped to be.

Editor, can you please update the list?

Thanks for letting us know...

The Hilton has been downgraded to 3*... as has the Marriott.

I just won 3* and it is the Staybridge in Chatsworth...
Can you please add this win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when scanning the topic titles of the board and when searching the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I mentioned this in my winning bid post a few days ago, but forgot to note it here.

New hotel for TX-Dallas area: 3.5* Sheraton Stonebriar (Frisco-Plano West)

Zone change for TX-Dallas: Richardson and Plano have been split. The new Plano zone is pretty much East Plano and has up to 2.5* while Richardson goes up to 4*.