RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I saw this on StarTribune.com, that is it going bu bye. I've seen many bad reviews about this place on Tripadvisor, so maybe they'll redevelop this to a descent hotel. Especially with the new Twin's Ballpark coming to the area.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Napa-Sonoma Hotwire changes per vacation package search 1/14-1/16/08:

Napa-Sonoma (Sonoma)

4* MacArthur PLace (back to 4 stars again up from 3.5 stars)

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet (new)

Spa

Napa-Sonoma (Santa Rosa-Rohnert Park-Petaluma)

4* Doubletree

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet (new)

Golf (new)

I saw a thread on Fodors which reported that the Ramada Budapest, formerly a 3* Priceline hotel, is now a 4* Priceline hotel.

The bidder was not very happy with either the hotel or the location. Previously, all wins had been for "nice" 4* hotels that were very central. I checked on Priceline's retail product, and the Ramada is showing up as a 4* hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI that, while searching on PL vacations and regular hotel searches, the Circus Circus came up as a 2.5 star property (with options for the manor rooms or tower rooms). I know this doesnt absolutely mean that PL bidding with be the same, but it is pretty likely. As Circus Circus, Sahara and Strat are major PL impediments to 3-star bidding (especially if Harrahs, Flamingo etc are alright), thought I'd pass this along -- as Circus is easily the most of the 3 North Strip evils. I apologize if this has been posted or discussed before, but I just noticed it tonight and thought I'd pass it along.

ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

San Francisco Hotwire search May 1-4, 2008 reveals the Palace Hotel - Luxury Collection (Starwood) has been downgraded 4.5 to 4 stars. Amenities remain unchanged.

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

FYI.....it looks as if they have now lumped SCOTTSDALE into 1 big area. It used to be "Scottsdale" and "North Scottsdale" which was very helpful. With just "scottsdale" I am not sure if I will end up in the boonies of North Scottsdale and not in "Old Town!" BUMMER!!!

St. Louis (Downtown)

3* Radisson REVIEW

St. Louis (Forest Park - Clayton)

3* Radisson Clayton Hotel

I'm currently looking for a hotel in Saint Louis, and my searches reveal that these two Radisson hotels are now Crowne Plaza hotels. (A search from the Radisson website reveals no Radisson brand hotels in Saint Louis. My Streets & Trips 2006 software shows a Radisson downtown at 200 N 4th St and a Radisson in Clayton at 7750 Carondelet. The Crowne Plaza website shows Crowne Plaza hotels at these two locations.)

Priceline no longer offers 4 star bidding in the Palo Alto-Mountain View, CA (San Jose) zone. (I would tend to believe the Westin Palo Alto no longer participates w/Priceline as opposed to it's being downgraded to 3 stars, however that's only an opinion.)

This change adds a free rebid when bidding 4 stars in Cupertino/Campbell, Newark/Fremont, San Jose and Sunnyvale/Cupertino zones.

In SAN DIEGO Priceline now offers 4* in the North County Coastal zone. Probably the 4* is the recently opened Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa.

In SAN FRANCISCO Hotwire's Civic Center South zone is now "Civic Center South-Hayes Valley". I don't know if there's been a boundary change or just a new zone name. I'm finding a 3.5* hotel in the Civic Center South-Hayes Valley zone, which I don't remember seeing when the zone was just Civic Center South.