RETIRED: New Zone Boundaries, Star Levels, Name Changes?

ilander
By ilander,
in

Hi guys, I've been checking to book a hotel room with a fallsview in Niagara Falls, Ontario and noticed that the Embassy Suites Hotel Niagara Falls / Fallsview star rating went from 4* to 3* about yesterday or even before yesterday.

I apologize if this isn't an appropriate post.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for not posting the dates in my previous post as I didn't know it was very important. I just thought that it was a permanent downgrade by Priceline and didn't think it could only change according to the chosen dates of my travel plans.

I was hoping to book a room for a one night stay between the 12th of July or the 13th of July 2007

Please let me know if the above information is sufficient or if you guys need more details.

Boyou,

The star rating won't change based upon the search dates. However, this hotel has not yet been reported to the board as a "name your own price" hotel, so this property may not even participate in priceline's bidding product. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the "retail product" to determine opaque availability.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best Western Roundhouse, back to 2.5*

Dear David,

We are contacting you about your recent stay at Best Western Roundhouse Suites.

We periodically review our representation of our hotel partners' star rating. After doing so for this hotel, we have decided to adjust the star rating to 2.5 stars. While we are confident in the quality of all our hotel partners, the new rating more accurately reflects the service level, accommodations and facilities of this property.

As such, we would like to offer you $25 HotDollars for each night of your stay. Your HotDollars can be used to book any flight, car rental, hotel reservation or package on the Hotwire Web site. Each one is equivalent to one U.S. dollar in value and is available for one year from the date of issuance. If you have any questions about the HotDollars added to your Hotwire account, please email Hotwire at (name)@hotwire.com or by calling 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473). Please do not reply to this email address as your email will not be received.

Just so you all know, I complained and they listened.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing this for 9/27-9/28:

3.5* Austin (North)

Amenities: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, High-Speed

This is a match for the Crowne Plaza here on our list, except that the Crowne Plaza is listed here in the (Downtown and Town Lake) area.

I have been to the hotel before, and just checked their website vs. Hotwire maps. They are clearly in the Austin North area (actually almost dead center) at the intersection of I-35 and 290...

Just wanted to point it out, maybe it needs to be corrected, or maybe I'm wrong... :)

• 2 weeks later...

San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf zone Hotwire changes:

Hotwire vacation package search 8/23-8/25:

3.5* Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf (downgrade from 4 stars)

Fitness

Restaurant

Pool

Business Center

Hi-Speed Internet

Hotwire vacation package search 9/4-9/6:

4* Argonaut

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

Hi-Speed Internet

This is a positive development in that Sheraton & Argonaut were often difficult to distinguish one from the other. Argonaut now carrying the boutique icon once again, and Sheraton now a different star level.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest news for those using Priceline to bid for hotels in Portland is the addition of the Convention Center - Lloyd Center zone, separating the old Downtown Portland zone into two zones. This will certainly make Priceline much more attractive to those looking for a hotel in the downtown Portland area: there is no longer the risk of getting one of the 3* hotels near the Convention Center.

Vancouver, WA is now part of the Portland bidding area as well; this will provide extra bids for 3* Vancouver.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...