Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Red Lion Fifth Avenue

Lolita
By Lolita,
in

Hi, I just wanted to post how my search was progressing for a Seattle hotel....

I've been trying to get a 4 star downtown for 7/19-7/22. I've used my free re-bids and have went as high as $140, with no luck. The Sheraton and Westin are sold out 7/21, so i'm guessing that might be part of my problem. The Vintage Park is the lowest 4* price available for 7/21, and that is listed at $269.

Since I had no luck w/ the 4*, I began trying my luck w/ a 3* downtown -- I went as high as $96 and still am being rejected. The lowest posted rate for the 3* is $178 at the Crown Plaza.

I might try to split my bid, but not sure if I want to do that just yet. Maybe I just need to realize I have to bid higher?

I'll keep you updated on the status of my bidding......

• 2 weeks later...

just an update ...

went as high as $150 on the 4 star downtown and was rejected.

Began bidding on the 3 star downtown -- started at $90 and was finally accepted at $120 (at the Red Lion 5th Ave). This is higher than I wanted to go, but considering the Red Lion's rates are $224 for the dates I need, I am fairly happy w/ my accepted bid.

Hi,

If I understand your question, the previously rejected 3* bid was $115. My bidding process was as follows: $90/100/110/115/120.

I have been trying to find a DT Seattle hotel for about a month and none of my bids were being accepted.

I know $120 is high for a Priceline 3*, but I believe the Red Lion is listed at $160 on Hotwire, so I'm assuming I had to up my bidding limit for this time frame.

Thanks for this great message board. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]