Priceline Hotel: Advice for JW Marriott, Summerlin (8/23 - 8/26)

mr21
By mr21,
in

Just to make sure that you realize that you are bidding for a Resort property within the zone... not necessarily on the JW Marriott.

Assuming you're fine with that i would bid as follows:

You have 5 re-bid zones available when bidding resort in the Las Vegas area. (note: zones with 5* are not re-bid zones). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort in Summerlin-Northwest...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $92, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For a couple of reasons, we do have our hearts set at staying at this particular property.

If it's any help, northwest Vegas isn't showing up on Hotwire. However, it looks like the Venetian is listed at $155/night.

I think my next step will be to bid higher on Priceline. From your experience, is there an estimate of what the winning bid could be based on Priceline offering it to me at $157 (after my first bid of $80)?

At some point I may have to decide, at what bid, would it be better to book direct so I do have the option of canceling. Thanks.

Edit: While browsing the Marriott website, I found a AAA family special for $161 that includes a pizza and a movie.

Rates for these dates at this property are not high... assuming that AAA rate is refundable i would book it (if not, book a refundable rate from their website). Wait a little while and try to bid this again, as the property simply may have not offered inventory to the opaque suppliers at this point, and i wouldn't chase it this early before your stay.

There is also a chance that the Friday nite is preventing your success... would you consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The AAA rate is refundable and I went ahead and booked it as a backup. I will wait a while and try bidding again with the strategy you presented in your first reply. Currently, I would prefer not to split my bid but I will look into how that works. Updates will be added to this thread as things unfold. Thanks.

If you did split your bid and won the JW Marriott for 8/23-8/25... you could then just book a back-up for the nite of 8/25 at the property. If you won on Priceline for those two nites (at let's assume ~$100) and then booked the last nite direct for $161, you'd then have an average cost of $120 and then would still be able to continue to try priceline for the last nite.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]