CA Orange Country Doubletree Anaheim Disneyland

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

This place is a typical 3* hotel - not awful but not spectacular. The thing that stands out about this hotel, however, is the poor treatment we received from the staff. The front desk staff neglected to give me a parking pass, even though I told them I had a car and asked where to park. I didn't find out that I needed a "pass" until I was trying to leave the lot and the attendant tried to charge me the full rate for parking. Also, perhaps because some baseball teams stay here during the season, the hotel employs what can only be described as an overzealous security staff, one of whom targetted our group and twice threatened to "kick us out" of the hotel. I could get into specifics, but suffice it to say, we are all well-behaved professionals in our 30s and were not doing anything to deserve such treatment. My complaints fell on deaf ears. As a consequence of those encounters, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I will avoid this place at all costs in the future.

With that caveat, so long as you don't make eye contact with the belligerent security staff, the hotel is good because it has a Disneyland shuttle and is a hop-skip-and-a-jump from the Big A (or whatever it's called these days). I was, however, unimpressed with the rooms - the carpet was worn, the bathroom was small and the t.v. had seen better days.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that parking is $8/day for guests, even though the hotel is surrounded by empty shopping center parking lots.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We were happy with our stay here (9/9 - 9/11/06). Room was a good size, in excellent condition, and clean. I had requested a king nonsmoking room and at first got one with double beds, but they were able to move us. Those double beds looked tiny. The cookies were darn good.

The location is great for visiting Disneyland - you're one exit away on the I-5. There are a few different entrances to DL, so you have options. Self-park is $8 (which did seem a little silly) and we drove to the parks rather than wait on the shuttle.

• 4 years later...

This hotel is a Zonk, and not because it's not a nice, clean, comfortable hotel, which it is, but the additional overcharges for everything will leave you numb. $13/day for parking. $12/day for internet, per device. $10/day if you want a mini-fridge. And on and on and on. Nearly every other PL hotel in this and surrounding zones features free parking and free internet. Compare, for example. the nearby Hilton Garden Inn which is a nicer Hilton property and which features free parking, free internet, microwave, refrigerator, and far less expensive hotel food. Back to talking about the Doubletree. Exercise room 24H. Pool, jacuzzi 6A-10P. Room service, insanely expensive +$4.50+mandatory 17% tip plus extra line on the charge slip labeled "tip" in case you or someone in your party is really stupid. Bell service. Business center, 24H, complimentary with secure printing from your room (I had stayed here before so I brought my own printer, expecting insane business center charges). Convenient to Anaheim Stadium, UCI Medical Center (across the street) and OC family and probate courthouse (across the street). $16/day valet parking. Duck pond.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]