Priceline Hotel: Resort Kamuela (Big Island) Hapuna Prince Beach Resort

WxGuy1
By WxGuy1,
in

I had read mostly good reviews for the Hapuna Prince Beach north of KOA on the Big Island, and I was thinking that the safest bet would be to use Hotwire, which had it for $243/nt in early August 2006. I figured I'd try Priceline, however, since the other "Resorts" in that area were good as well. So, I tried $175/nt. The Prince website was showing something like $310/nt at the cheapest, but those rooms (presumably) sold out, since the past few days have only shown $400/nt rooms.

My first bid on PL was $175, which was rejected. I got an "up-the-bid" page from PL, suggesting that I increase the bid by $25. From a tactic I heard on this site (thanks, btw), I chose not to do this. Instead, I chose to "change my bid" by including the Hilo section as well. Hilo does not have any Resorts, so this was safe. I upped my bid $10 to $185/nt... Lo and behold, the bid was accepted by Hapuna Prince Beach, and I saved another $15/nt (hey, it's something better than nothing) over NOT taking the "suggested bid increase" of $25 that I received after my first bid was rejected.

Can you please add the actual dates of your stay so that we can add them to the topic title and your post will be in the same format as all the other wins on the board... this will also help others who may be looking to target this property for their own trips to this area around the same time.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]