Hotwire Hotel: Need help finding a Rome (central) hotel Aug 13

scrooge
By scrooge,
in

I need a hotel room for one night on Aug 13 in central Rome.

I want to spend less than $120, but don't want to be in a seedy spot (I'll have my wife and two babies with me.)

Is priceline or hotwire preferable for finding something in this location?

Ideally, I want to be within walking distance of the tourist attractions, but I could be flexible.

Also, I checked out hotwire's listings and the prices shown are in dollars. Would I pay that now, when I make the reservation, or do I just hold the room and pay when I check in? How does hotwire account for constant fluctuation in the currency exchange rate?

Anyway, the "best value" hotel that popped up first was a 3.5* for $106 (retail $118.20)

Their are only two amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Any ideas what hotel this is?

Sorry for the multiple questions. Any and all advice is much appreciated. Chiao.

Hotwire takes the risk of currency fluctuations. The total price you see when you click OK is what you pay in USD today.

There's not much clue as to what the hotel could be. You could set up a dummy vacation package for the same date and see if any 3.5* hotels with the same icons show up then. One possibility that you can see from this, although far from a certainty, is Bettoja Hotel Mediterraneo.

August often has good deals for Rome hotels, because it's low season. Given you have a family, maybe you'd want to be absolutely sure of a nice location, air conditioning, and bedding, so I'd consider booking directly.

I'm going to speculate that this is the Gambrinus Hotel... but if you're searching for only double occupancy you should make sure that a standard room at this property can accomodate you with your wife and two babies.

Let us know if you decide to take this offer or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]