Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (NottingHill-Bayswater) Hilton Paddington

chasman
By chasman,
in

This was a weird one. I was fooling around with the dates as well as with # of kids in my search on Hotwire.

I am travelling with my wife and 5 year old.

We land on the 16th, but I was not sure if we were going to stay 2 or 3 nights (Frankly, I still don't!)

So I was fooling around with the searches on hotwire and I noticed that if I entered 1 CHILD the 4 star hotel at $121 did not come up. (It did come up if I entered zero in the # of CHILDREN field)

Also, if I added the date of the 18th, the price zoomed up to about $200 per night vs. the $121 per night for the 16th and 17th only. I felt I had to jump on the $121/night and not claim 1 CHILD.

(There is an extra $100 in Taxes recovery charges and fees! I am not sure how much of these are purely Hotwire fees or some local hotel taxes)

So the total is $121 + $121 + $101 = $343 for 2 nights in a 4 star so averages out to $171 per night including all the taxes and fees.

When I go to www.hilton.com I see a price of $134.50 GBP per night for the 16th and 17th so that works out to $505 US dollars. So if I did the math correctly, I saved $505 - $343 = $162.

On www.Hotels.com I believe the total price would have been $392 so only a $49 savings there, but again if you type in that you are bringing 1 CHILD the Hilton Paddington does not come up.

I just called the hotel directly and made sure that they take kids there. They said yes, of course.

Seems to be some on-line discrimination for you if you type in that you are bringing a CHILD. You may want to fool around with that feature in your future searches you do and see if not being entirely truthful (i.e. not saying you are bringing a child) opens up some more options for you.

Good luck!

Amenities are -

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]