Priceline Hotel: 5* Bangkok (Siam Square) Amari Watergate

skelman
By skelman,
in

For our trip to Thailand in August, I first tried the Siam Square zone in Bangkok at $80 and got a counter offer of raising the price by $22. I refused that and added the generally more expensive Riverside-Silom zone at $85. I ended up with the Amari Watergate, which should be a great place:

Amari Watergate Hotel

Siam Square

847 Petchburi Road Pratunam

Bangkok, Thailand

66-2-6539000

Price: $85.00 x 6 + $102.04 = $612.04

At just over $100 per night with tax, this is not bad for a 5* in any country!

By the way, anybody knows a good site to book hotels in India?

With regard to Bangkok hotels Priceline is not the bargain deal it once was. For some (me included)the Amari Watergate,although a good hotel in its own right,is not a true 5* hotel by Bangkoks high standards.

The priceline rate that you quoted, when ABF and free dinner(for 2 people ) is taken into consideration, is no better than you could get direct from the hotels own website.However if you are not breakfast people then for sure the rate is just fine. For a single business traveller such as myself it would be better to book direct with the hotel as the rates are even cheaper than those quoted below. Better deals are available elsewhere on the net in Bangkok at present for 5 * hotels.I think the fact that very few priceline deals for Bkk are posted here these days backs this up. I recently booked up Le Royal Meridien Plaza Athenee(2 people) at $122(inc tax) per night including ABF and a free dinner and a room upgrade to a deluxe corner suite for 4 nights. Priceline at present cannot ,IMO, match this offer....however that being said Priceline have given me great deals in the past and I continue to monitor them closely in the hope that the "good old days" of Priceline BKK return!

Sorry almost forgot ...on a recent trip to India I used a company called hoteltravel.com with no problems for my bookings.They seemed competitive for my requirements but as aways its best to surf around for the best deals. Good luck!

Reservation Form

[You are in a secured environment, all data on this page is encrypted]

Hotel: Amari Watergate Hotel and Spa, Bangkok, Thailand

Arrival Date: Sat, Aug 19th, 2006

Nights: 6

One room, guests: 2

Room Rate: 733.00 USD per stay

Local time in hotel 25.05.2006 06:05:57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rate Description

BANGKOK BREAK PACKAGE

PACKAGE INCLUDES

- TWO NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION IN SUPERIOR ROOM

- DAILY BUFFET BREAKFAST

- A COMPLIMENTARY DINNER

- FRUIT FLOWER AND WELCOME DRINK

EXTRA NIGHT INCLUDES

- BED AND BREAKFAST ONLY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Room Description

SUPERIOR RM/KING/HOLLYWOOD TWN/TWN/

41 SQM/DESK/SEATING AREA/BROADBAND

ACCESS

Check-in Details

Check in after 02:00 PM

Check out before 12:00 PM

Cancellation Policy

A reservation must be cancelled 1 day prior to arrival (hotel local time)

Penalty Charge for late cancellation is 50.00 percent of stay

Other Information

CHECK FOR WORLDHOTELS BEST AVAILABLE RATE

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with you Cooper, in everything. And the Amari Watergate looks for me as a fine hotel, too, but 5star Priceline-Rating ist overrated in IMO as well. Since the 45$-Marriott-Resort deals and the 55-60$-deals for 5* Sukhumvit (or the 60-80$ bids for the Shangri-La) have apparently disappeared, there are far better options to book for Bangkok.

Have to agree with the above 2 posters PRLN is only a shadow of what it once was,as far as value is concerned with hotels in Thailand and probably Asia in general.Stayed at Amari Watergate 4 years ago for many stays,but by no means is anything comparable to any of the other 5* properties that is or once was in PRLN inventory.

I have personly gone from 5-6 bookings on PRLN for Asia to maybe 1 a year.

Regarding the Plaza Athnee if you are 50+ years,they have a $87.50++ prepaid rate if you check in on a Friday or Saturday.Usually must be booked 21 days in advanced.

• 4 months later...

Hotel: Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok

Check-In Date: 29 Oct 2006Check-Out Date: 30 Oct 2006

No. of Rooms: 1No. of Adults: 1No. of Children: 0

Listed below are rates or packages that are available based on your selection criteria:

Select Rate

Best Available Rate

Subject to 17.7% tax, VAT and service charge

Starting from USD 140.00 average nightly rate

I'm fairly sure $140 would do the trick... :) :) Looks like PL has no inventory whatsoever.

Might be the Banyan Tree on offer as well (which always had higher prices than the Sha-La on "name your own price"..).. I don't know why but I have the feeling that Shangri-La stopped - for the time being - selling rooms via Priceline.. Whatsorever, I made a regular booking for the Marriott Resort now (via a German tour operator).

• 3 months later...

Well I see this the same !

Actually priceline UK sugested 122 GBP for a 5* and 97 GBP for a 4* + taxes.....

This are more or less over 9000 THB for the 5* and more than 7000 THB for the 4*

With the 4* I can end up at the Holiday Inn Silom, and with the 5* at the Sofitel Silom, which are both not bad, but one get them much cheaper

http://www.ltu-asia.com/Hotellist.php?rid=1

is my favorite Thailand wholesaler.

following some rates and all include already any taxes/fees and mostly ABF for 2 pax !

TAWANA HOTEL Surawongse Rd. THB 2.300

SIAM CITY Sri Ayuthaya Rd. THB 3.050

MONTIEN HOTEL Surawongse Rd THB 2.850

THE LANDMARK HOTEL Sukumvit Rd. THB 4.300

SOFITEL CENTRAL PLAZA BANGKOK Phaholythin Rd. THB 2.300

SWISSOTEL NAI LERT PARK HOTEL Wireless Rd. THB 3.250

BANGKOK MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA Charoennakorn Rd. THB 3.950

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]