Priceline Hotel: Failed bid 3* Seattle downtown/ 4* Seattle downtown

smd
By smd,
in

I have been working on getting a hotel Downtown for 6/22/06. Started with 4* downtown, $100 and increased in $5 increments up to $125 before running out of rebid zones. Then went to 3* and started at $65 up to $80 again running out of rebid zone. I had tried the 4* about 6 weeks ago for later dates.

I am staying at the Westin in conference rooms later, and hoped to find something a bit cheaper for the night I am footing the bill (plus the Westin is sold out on that first night). Oh well. I have no idea what is going on in Seattle that night, but it seems difficult to get a room. Are any other the other zones nice and easy enough to take public transportation with small children?

I decided to try the airport zone (SEATAC) for the same date. Started at 35 and went up to 80 for a 3 * without any luck. Anybody know what is going on in Seattle on June 22nd? Seems so hard to get a hotel on Priceline, and Hotwire is expensive for most areas.

I used Savings Barn for the rebid.

Personally I would try 2.5* Downtown. IMO, the ones that have shown up are equal or better than many 3* possibilities, and often include breakfast. Of course you might get something by the Space Needle, but that could happen with 3* too, and either way it's better than the Sea-Tac area (which is not nice at all, and recommended only for the night before the airport).

SeaTac to Downtown is a 'good' 30 minutes by your own car, closer to 60+ minutes via mass transit... although i'm not a fan of the area around the Space Needle, for one nite it'll be fine (especially if you intend to visit the Needle and/or EMP) and it's much easier via mass transit to get to Pike Place Market and such.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to try the airport zone (SEATAC) for the same date. Started at 35 and went up to 80 for a 3 * without any luck. Anybody know what is going on in Seattle on June 22nd? Seems so hard to get a hotel on Priceline, and Hotwire is expensive for most areas.

I used Savings Barn for the rebid.

I've tried downtown also but for July and have been unsuccessful. Started at $95 and went up to $130 for a 4*. This is for July 21 - 22.

NancyHawaii,

Your post(s) would be better served in your existing PRICELINE SEATTLE thread (where we'll still waiting for a reply from you). Since the stay discussed in this thread is for different dates than your own, the rejected bids for your own stay have very little to do with the bidding for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]