Two

6. Desired quality level of property:

Four star

7. Sample rates for available four-star hotels in the areas I desire:

The Selfridge: $385.70

Hilton Metropole: $330.60

Millennium Gloucester: $405.00

8. Source of the above-noted rates:

Websites for the hotel chains themselves.

9. Free re-bid zones:

As there would seem to be four star hotels in every zone in London, there aren't any true "free re-bidding zones".

10. Maximum amout willing to bid:

$150

Bidding history to date:

Twice, I have bidded $100 for a 4* including the Notting Hill and Kensington zones in my bid. Twice, I was unsuccessful.

Twice, I started a new bid for a 4* in the Bloomsbury zone and bid $100. Once, I added the Notting Hill and Kensington zones and bid $115. The first time, when I bid at $115 on a re-bid, I received a counter-offer of $209. The second time, when I bid $100 in Bloomsbury only, I also received a counter-offer of $209. I guess that there's a hotel in Bloomsbury that has space, but at $209, I have to hope that it is a five-star and that my bid is being upgraded. As I thought the counter-offer was too rich, I rejected it.

On both of these pervious attempts, I then started new bids for a 4* in the Mayfair zone and bid $120, which was rejected. Then, I added the other three acceptable zones and bid $130, etc.

Long story short, I bid up to $162 and got nowhere. Inventory is tight. Any suggestions? My lockout is to expire momentarily.

If you look at Hotwire for your dates, the rates are extremely high.

Given how little time you have, I'd consider two things (after trying 4* bidding in your preferred zones):

1) More zones, and 2) 3* bidding

Provided you avoid airport hotels, anything in Priceline's standard London zones is more or less doable, if not preferred.

Do you have a backup plan if you don't win a bid?

I don't know if there's one night of the four that is more expensive than the others. You might consider splitting your bid also.

Boss got himself a hotel room for Tuesday, May 23, 2006, so I tried bidding for Wednesday, May 24 - Saturday, May 27, 2006.

A bid in Bloomsbury at $100 USD was rejected, but I got another counter-offer at $172 USD, plus VAT, per room, per night. Boss asked me to reject and bid close to that if necessary. Went to $166 USD, but didn't get a bite.

Hrmmmm...that's kinda rich. At that price, I'd be miffed if my boss and his colleague ended up at the Thistle Marble Arch (which normally goes for $70-$100 USD, plus VAT, per room, per night, right about now).

Does anyone have an idea of what hotel this is?

Thanks in advance!

Details for your 4-star hotel in Regents Park - Baker Street

Hotel Details

Check in:

Wed, May 24, 2006

Check out:

Sat, May 27, 2006

Hotel name:

Hotwire Hotel Supplier

Our 4-star hotel suppliers include:

Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

Upscale

28% savings

PricePerRoomPerson:$203

per room

per night

Retail: $281.66

You save: $78.66

Hotel Amenities

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies.

Customer Reviews

TripAdvisor logo

Traveler Rating3.5 out of 5(3.5 out of 5)

What's this?

Based on:

20+ customer reviews

Last Reviewed:

January 2006

Regents Park - Baker Street: London's "most-civilized" park, plus the zoo, wax museum and more

Points of interest: 1. London Zoo

Travel information: 13.1 miles to Heathrow (LHR), 26.7 miles to Gatwick (LGW)

Note: All distances measured from center of area boundaries to destination listed.

I haven't checked the sites, but I think it might be one of these four:

Marriott Regents Park

Marriott Maida Vale

Hilton Edgware

Melia White House (On Priceline, this is in the Bloomsbury-Marble Arch zone, but this hotel is next to Regents Park, and Hotwire draws the zone differently.)

There is tennis available at Regents Park, so I assume the Tennis icon might refer to tennis there, but "near" is not defined anyway.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]