Hotwire Hotel: Providence area bidding help

zebazga
By zebazga,
in

I'll be in the Providence/Boston area from 5/23 - 5/27. I bid 3* Providence downtown at $55 and was rejected. It looks like several hotels are sold out and Hotwire prices are $80 and up for any class.

I'm not familiar with the area and going to be travelling around. I'll be in RI, Boston, Raynham, Fall River, and Warwick among other places. I have three meetings in the Boston area and everything else is further south closer to Providence.

I'd prefer a 3* or at least a 2.5*. However, the location doesn't have to be Providence, though I don't want to go too much furtther south or west.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Finally dawned on me that it's the Memorial Day weekend.

Redid it to bid just 5/23 - 5/26 (checking out Friday instead of Saturday). Providence downtown 3* at 40 rejected. Added Seekonk at $50, rejected and added Warwick at $57, still rejected.

I guess even though checking the hotels through Orbitz without Saturday and they went from sold out to rooms available, they are holding out for higher rates?

Still open to suggestions.

Oh, for Friday night my thoughts now are to get the best rate possible in Boston close to the airport for my early flight Saturday.

Thanks.

You do understand that Priceline offers 3* hotels in Warwick and isn't a free rebid area for Providence? If you are willing to stay there, you may want to try the following:

Select 3* Providence

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone 2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 3* Warwick

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone 2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 3* Providence and Warwick

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone 1...

Bid $75

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]