Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Downtown-Charlestown) Wyndham Boston

Swede
By Swede,
in

Hi,

After reading a lot of advice on the site I've decided to try my luck at PL. I'm going to Boston on holiday in late July and staying for 5 days. I was thinking about bidding for a 4* in Copley but I recently read a lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor about Sheraton (rooms in need of renovation, no minibar/fridge etc.).

From the postings on this site it seems like a lot of people bidding in the Copley area end up at the Sheraton. Is the hotel "that bad"?

Because of this I've thought about trying to get a 4* in downtown instead. Does anyone have any advice on what the price might end up at for downtown? What price should I start the bidding at?

My max price is $150.

Thanks in advance for any help!

For your Nantucket stay, you will want to create another thread to address that portion of your trip.

For the 4* level in Boston, you have 3 rebid areas. To learn how to find them, please read PRICELINE REBIDDING. Once you've done so you should be able to locate all 3 areas which lack a 4* hotel. If you have questions, please ask before bidding.

Once you've found them, you may want to try the following:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $85, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $90, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $95, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $100, if unsuccessful close browser and re-access priceline as you did before

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $85, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $90, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $95, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $100, if unsuccessful close browser and re-access priceline as you did before

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $105, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $110, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $115, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $120

If this doesn't work, let us know and we'll adjust it closer to your maximum.

They have reduced the waiting time to 24 hours. So after that time period, you can try the following:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $110, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $115, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $120, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $125, if unsuccessful close browser and re-access priceline as you did before

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $110, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $115, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $120, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $125, if unsuccessful close browser and re-access priceline as you did before

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $130, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 1...

Bid $135, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 2...

Bid $140, if unsuccessful add re-bid area 3...

Bid $145

Tried the strategy for downtown and got a room at The Wyndham Boston for $125. Seems like a good location (...or so I hope).

Check-In Date: Monday, July 24, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006

Does anyone have any advice about "cheap" parking in the area since we're considering renting a car as well?

Thanks for all the advice so far!

Cheers,

Swede (Sweden)

Great deal! The Wyndham website is showing $310 as their lowest rate. The location is good too, as you are within walking distance of many attractions and subway stops.

That being said, I discourage renting a car if you aren't leaving the city.

Some Parking suggestions are covered in this thread. One of them being the Boston Common Garage evening rate, which is good when you enter after 4 PM and leave by 10 AM the next morning.

I do not know the name of it but it is on Oliver Street one block SouthWest of the backside of the Wyndham. Head down Franklin St. (Wyndham is on your right) past the hotel and take your first available right onto Oliver st. and the garage is on your left adjacent to the Langham Hotel. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]