OT: i'm sorry to have to ask

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Sorry to ask this here but i'm desperate and trying to be a good husband :)

Oprah is having some contest and everyday this week on her show she gives a clue that allows you to enter the contest for that day. I set the VCR today so my wife could get the clue, but the VCR didn't 'take' and therefore she couldn't get the clue.

Does anybody know, or know somebody that would know, what the 'clue' for today is?

If you're not a registered member you can email me by clicking "EMAIL ADMINISTRATOR" near the top of the screen.

PS- i'll delete this thread after tonite or as soon as i get a reply... so if a guy responds he won't have to be embarrassed that he watches Oprah or knows the clue... i'll delete the thread immediately :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hilarious ..... :)

Ask me in a few days and I will know ...

I am proposing tomorrow in PHX ... I booked a hot-air balloon for 3:30PM. If she says "NO" .... there will be a mighty expensive ring thrown overboard onto the Senora desert. BUT on a positive note, after seeing thereuare's post, I am getting worried about what 'being married' actually includes in the 'package deal'...???

Plus, changing your mind afterwards is harder than getting out of Priceline's no-refund policy.

Well i found out yesterday's clue was "gifts" but i'm 10 minutes late on the VCR today :) so hopefully they haven't disclosed it yet!

Good Luck tomorrow! Marriage is actually great (just think what sorts of things she does for me that i'm more than happy to do this for her). Now actually sitting thru an episode of Oprah....

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm at the PHX Hilton .... great 3* hotel, newly updated.

Ballooning is amazing .... but the hight is a bit scary and the baskets .... the sides are pretty short. It took me awhile to feel comfertable up at 2000 feet. The price is also quite reasonable .... $120 per person for a 90 minute flight ... plus, they provide a picnic and champagne afterwards.

Well, she said "YES" .... I proposed towards the end of the flight. She was looking away and I went down on one knee behind her, she turned around and just stared in shock (I was able to get out the fist two words "will you" and than paused for a bit before getting out the "marry me" part). This Saturday, we're having a big engagement bash in Scottsdale. Afterwards, we'll plan out when and where for the wedding.

I just signed on for the $44.95 weekly high-speed rate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Belated congrats Squeegee....

The way I figure it, every time one of you guys ties the knot it gives me a bit more breathing space and I can continue postponing marriage. I think I'll save it for retirement.

Sooo.... will the honeymoon acomodations be a la Priceline?

I think posts like this help build BB into a community.

Any thought of creating just a general category where most anything could be posted (similar to OMNI on Flyertalk).

I have a feeling such a category would be the most heavily visited here. Making it only accessible to members might boost membership.

Just a thought.

Belated congrats Squeegee....

The way I figure it, every time one of you guys ties the knot it gives me a bit more breathing space and I can continue postponing marriage. I think I'll save it for retirement.

Sooo.... will the honeymoon acomodations be a la Priceline?

Thanks, I am starting to enjoy having a long distance relationship ... we get to meet up and travel every month or so .... this time, we are meeting in Texas for 11 days starting Dec 25th...

For the honeymoon .... I am looking at Priceline's cruise specials .... 14 day trans-Atlantic for $700 including port charges or 11 day Eastern Carrib for $650 ... the same ones are $100 more on Travelocity. We are still unsure of dates ... so nothing in the works yet.

Squeegee -

I didn't realize that this was/is a long distance relationship - bless you and best of luck with that. It's a chalenge and takes a certain kind of commitment. I recently ended a relationship that had begun a year or so ago as a quasi LD arrangement but had allowed us a fair amount of time together for the first six or seven months. When the distance increased and it became evident that I would not / could not relocate, it had to be shelved. Likely there are other issues at play but regardless.... I guess I'm a romantic and really do enjoy hearing of the love and connubial bliss that others are sharing and enjoying (being single has its advantages but is not always all that some crack it up to be).

Shop carefully on the cruises - there are great deals to be had out there and Thereuare can probably point you to a few good purchase sources if you've already done your research. My experience was the the quoted price was always way lower than the actual final price once port charges etc were added in.

There are certain cruiselines and specific ships on which upgrades to higher cabin levels are a common occurrence, especially if they know you are celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary. I'll elbaorate here or by email if you're interested.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]