Priceline Hotel: Gatwick Airport Hotel Help Needed

FlyConcorde
By FlyConcorde,
in

I think it is only the Arora that comes up nowadays at 4*. The other one that used to come up was Le Meridien (now Sofitel) which was actually attached to the terminal. This was a great priceline win - only stayed in this one in Gatwick. Hilton also has one attached to the terminal (not seen on Priceline).

Arora reviews - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews...ex_England.html

Hope this helps

Blueskies

Unfortunately the London map does not cover Gatwick. Not sure why not as it covers Heathrow.

Anyway, someone has reported a win for 3* for the following night $72 - won Thistle. Not sure if that helps. Gatwick tends to be more expensive than Heathrow. This would be about as low as it gets. Hotwire has one to offer - its at 3* and $129.

When using Priceline you have one free rebid at 4* and I don't think you have any free bids at 3*. I think that you will be looking at nearer $100 to have a chance at the 4* and probably $80ish for a 3* but that is my gut feel, having looked at laterooms and holidayextras websites.

I am not sure if there is any likliehood of picking something up very last minute but personally I would start bidding now and give yourself as many bids as you can. Only you can decide what * level is acceptable and your bid maximum. Let us know when you decide.

Good luck

Blueskies

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]