Hotwire Hotel: 5* New Orleans Downtown Le Pavillon

PavSthAust
By PavSthAust,
in

Can you please add the amenities and/or dates of your stay... THANKS!

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet... is that them?

I've been to New Orleans once (stayed at the W) which looking at a map is in a similar location as this hotel. I liked the location... a short 2 block walk to the FQ, yet in a quiet area that i didn't need to worry about encountering drunk people everytime i left the hotel.

I think the Le Pavillion is also right near the street car stop. Whether it is or not, if you have time i recommend taking the street car to Camelia Grill for breakfast one morning. As with most new orleans restaurants, the food is pretty good, but the 'scene' and atmosphere at this place was great... your first time there they'll make you feel welcomed and like a regular that has been coming in everyday for the last 10 years! I also recommend Irene's Cuisine for a nice dinner... a local's place with great food not yet as widely known as the celebrity chefs that yell "BAMM" and have everyone applaud :)

I don't know your age, personality, etc, but if you're game another 'known to the locals only' thing is Drag Queen Bingo at The Oz (their website shows it as: Thursday and Friday from 6pm-8pm and Sunday 5pm-7pm but call to confirm... get there early to get a seat as it gets crowded). We were told about this from a local i met on the internet while researching our plans and it was a BLAST! It's bingo (free) for prizes, but the banter between the drag queen that runs the event and the audience is hysterical. A LOT of fun and we still talk about it even though it was nearly 3 or 4 years ago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tips guys. With an infant in tow we may have to forego the Drag Queen Bingo (though maybe if we find a sitter in the hotel it would make for a unique night?!). I suppose I can live with solid 4 star experience, though I was hoping for more as it was an anniversary surprise for my wife.

Amenities listed as Restaurants, Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre and High Speed Internet. I'm told they're famous for their complimentary PB&J sandwiches each evening - little Chuckles will eat them out of house and home! Sweet revenge!

Cheers all - must get month end out of the way here at work so I can get out on time for my flights...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]