Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles Airport (LAX) Sheraton Gateway

jonkdc
By jonkdc,
in

I tried various combinations and couldn't gain any add'l insight. It is possible that Hotwire changes some of the icons shown, and we have seen a few that have different amenities between the hotel product and the vacation product, but for the most part they are the same.

I'll post back if i can find anything more. One thing to note is that in the past another user (i think in Orlando) was able to figure out that that airport hotel without a shuttle was the airport IN the terminal... does LAX have such a hotel?

Have you thought about Priceline? 3* in this area can usually be had pretty cheap!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Generally speaking, Hotwire's star ratings are the same or a half star higher than Priceline's ratings... so i think bidding 3* on Priceline would result in an equal or better hotel than 3* on Hotwire.

Let us know if you'd like help with a Priceline bidding strategy for this zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i am much more familiar with priceline than hotwire, but i welcome your thoughts on it. i have already tried to get a 4* in this zone (LAX) but have been denied, even at a pretty high price. i know the westin is the only 4* and they are showing sold out for some of my dates, which is why i think i'm getting turned down. so if i go with a 3*, there aren't any free re-bids, so i guess i just go with my gut and hope for the best? if you have any thoughts on it, let me know. thanks.

Well common price points seem to be $31, $33, and $35. If you don't mind not having a reservation until very close to check-in you could try all 3, but it is getting close to check-in date. I would probably try $33 and if rejected try $35 72 hours later. If you don't want to cut it that close, i'd just try at $35 and <hopefully> be done with it.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes :)

thanks for all your help. i went with 3* on priceline and i was getting scared, so i went with 36.00 and got it on my first try. i got the sheraton gateway, which is actually the hotel i had reserved as a backup. their discounted rates were 99.00 a night for 5 of my nights and 139.00 for the last night, so i saved around 470.00!

i used SavingsBarn.com to place this bid

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]