CA San Jose Homestead Studio Suites Milpitas

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

This is an upscale Motel 6. Several 2-story buildings over a large area. Exterior corridors, park in front of your room. The property is nice and clean in a quiet area surrounded by other hotels. My "studio suite" was indeed no larger than a M6 room. It had a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, sink, toaster, 2-burner range, microwave and coffee maker.

The queen bed was uncomfortable. The mattress was too soft and uneven.

The closet offered plenty of storage space and housed an iron and board.

The large TV had a good selection of premium channels.

The bathroom was spacious, with sufficient counter space. Only two tiny soap bars and one shampoo were provided. Maid service is weekly, with one in-between refresh service. You may need to bring additional toiletries with you.

A wall-unit air-conditioner cooled well but made too much noise to sleep with it on.

Check-in/out went with no problem. The desk folks were very nice.

Parking: free.

Breakfast: none. The front desk has a pantry with snacks for purchase.

Local phone calls: $1 per stay for unlimited calling. I wasn't asked to pay it when I checked out, but it may yet be charged to my credit card.

High-speed Internet: $9.95. Wireless only.

Newspaper: none.

No additional taxes/fees imposed by the hotel at checkout.

$35 was too much for this place. It should go for $25-$30.

• 2 years later...

I'm happy to report that this property wasn't as bad as I feared although it definitely wouldn't be at the top of my list in terms of cleanliness (the bathroom especially). I requested a non-smoking room and happily it was located on a floor that didn't reek of smoke (in contrast to my Homestead experience in NJ). They were also in the process of putting new carpeting in all the hallways - not sure if they will eventually do the rooms as well. The location was convenient (close to highways) and for $33 a night, I would likely stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]