Book a REFUNDABLE back-up

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

If you choose to use Hotwire and at first don't like the offerings or the prices, make a reservation at hotel that is 100% Refundable.

This gives peace of mind in knowing that you'll at least have "some place" to stay, and gives you time to be "selective" in choosing a ammenities/price.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

This is a very good idea but be very careful. I notice that some places... I think of starwood.... are running sales that are not identified as 'webrates' or something like that... and it's in the fine print that the first night is charged immediately and is non refundable/noncancellable.

Also when you cancel make sure you hold onto that cancellation number for several weeks after the stay. I had a cancellable backup at an amerisuites and cancelled it after I was successful at priceline. A week or so after I got back not only was I charged a one night 'no show fee'...but for the whole stay.. something almost like 400. I was able to get my money back but it was a BIG hassle.. and I am sure glad that I had a cancellation number.

:)

And, of course, remember to cancel in the first place too. Maybe you can hold off providing your credit card number in some cases to help avoid "accidental" charges.

I notice some hotels, like the Radisson in Copenhagen, are creating a significantly cheaper class of rates for a prepaid, nonrefundable stay booked online a set number of days in advance (I think 21). I've heard of the same thing happening in Tokyo, but can't remember the chain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]