Priceline Hotel: New Rochelle

traveljunkie
By traveljunkie,
in

I love bidding on priceline but don't think it's a good idea on this trip but I'm looking for advice. We are going to NYC (6/21-7/4) for 1 week of a 2 week trip. I am not confident about bidding because we are a family of 5 and really need a suite. Right now I have a reservation at a Residence Inn in New Rochelle. It is $180/night for a 1BR -- 2 QN & pull out couch. My husband is just convinced based on price & location that this is the perfect set up. I'd really like to stay right in NYC or Jersey City but don't want to get 2 rooms (3 small kids) or have to move hotels. What's your opinion of New Rochelle? Other cities I should be looking at? Any areas that would be safe to bid (room size bigger)????? Thanks for any advice!!

First, a reminder that this board is an affiliate of the Residence Inn and using our support links for your purchases helps keep this place a free resource for everyone.

If you are a family of five and two rooms does not serve your needs then i would agree, Priceline is not a good choice for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the links. I looked at both, the embassy suites only listed 2 DBL (no couch) and the Wydham had no availability for any days the week we were looking to stay.

When I made the Residence Inn reservation it was through a friend who works for Marriott, trying to get "friends & family" rates so I didn't use the website link....sorry! I will be more mindful next time and if we cancel this one, I will use the appropriate links provided here. Thanks for the advice!

I looked at both, the embassy suites only listed 2 DBL (no couch) and the Wydham had no availability for any days the week we were looking to stay.

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites three times and it is the standard atrium style hotel, rooms have a sitting area with couch that opens into a bed and a seperate bedroom with a King or two double beds. The Wyndham is available on Expedia. Since your husband thinks New Rochelle is the best location and setup make sure he plans on doing the driving into the city :) If you get tired of making the 20 mile trip into Manhattan like all the other commuters, you might want to consider staying in Secaucus, about 4 miles from NYC. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]