CA San Diego Country Inn and Suites Sorrento Mesa

mr21
By mr21,
in

Overall, I was very pleased with our stay here on 4/13-4/15. Check-in was under 2 minutes and we were accomodated in a non-smoking room with two queen beds. The rooms were pretty basic and included two bottles of drinking water, coffee maker, haridryer, and a desk (w/ highspeed internet). Showtime and Starz were part of the cable lineup.

It was raining during our stay but the pool looked pretty nice - much bigger than the one next door at Holiday Inn express. The exercise room had two treadmills, exercise bike, elliptical trainer, and dumbbells. The continental breakfast was one of the better ones that I have had at this type of hotel. It includes two hot dishes (eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, etc) along with the usual fare of make-your-own waffles, cold/hot cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, coffee, juice, etc. During the evening, freshly baked cookies are placed at the check-in counter. There is also a full-service restaurant on-site with room service. A lounge/bar is open in the evenings. Chili's is also conveniently located in the same parking lot. The Karl Strauss Brewery & Restaurant was a great choice for dinner. It is very relaxing because it is located a short walk from the parking lot and is next to a large Koi pond. We sat on the patio and didn't even feel like we were close to the large office complexes.

Overall I would recommend this property and the location is great if you are visiting LegoLand or the Wild Animal Park.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]