Hotwire Hotel: Help with Newport-Jamestown_Middleton

USA
By USA,
in

Initially I posted this in the wrong place, sorry. I'm new and hope I am posting in the right place now. Hotwire has a 3* one bedroom condo in the Newport-Jamestown Middletown area. $113 per night Sept. 6 and 7. The map is familiar to me and is the area I want. . Does anyone know what the condo s are called, any knowledge of them? Is it a shabby 3* or a good one? Any help will be appreciated. Would like to be near or at a beach and this is. Here are the amenities

Near Beach

Property is located within easy walking distance of a beach.

1-Bedroom Suite

Condominium offers a bedroom plus a living room and complete kitchen.

Kitchenette

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Free Parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Front Desk

Front-desk services are available during business hours.

Laundry

Guests have access to a coin-operated washer and dryer

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked that one and it came out to be a Marriott Fairfield timeshare called "Inn at the Harbor". Looks to be an excellent location, but can't find out much info about it on the web. We will be staying there in June and can let you know then. We paid $166/night but same exact ameneties as you have listed.

Can you please post your win as a NEW TOPIC and include the dates of your stay

Please post a NEW TOPIC to reflect your win now and a HOTEL REVIEW upon your return. Your post above is fine, but it should be in its own topic since this is USA's thread, and what if s/he returns to post a win for this date (other than the Fairfield Time Share)... we would like to reflect your win in the topic title of your own thread.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, they did match exactly-check my other post. You asked me to post it as a new win, so I did with the exact same ameneties that I bought it with (which matched exactly with the person who was asking on this thread).

This is my first time posting here and I'm only trying to help the poster that was asking the question, but I'm starting to feel like this is becoming a little bit like an interrogation and I'm on trial or something. If this info doesn't help anyone, then I'm sorry that I posted.

Your posts are appreciated and i was hoping you wouldn't have the reaction you did so i will try to explain my comment further...

Here are the amenities listed in the first post of this thread:

Near Beach

1-Bedroom Suite

Kitchenette

Pool(s)

Free Parking

Front Desk

Laundry

Here are the amenities posted in your Fairfield Inn on the Harbor thread (with differences from the above bolded):

Near Beach

1 Bedroom Suite

Fully-Equipped Kitchen

Pool

Air Conditioning

Fitness Center

Free Parking

Front Desk

Laundry

As you can see above, there is a difference between the amenities associated with each property. Is it possible the OP of this thread accidentally left those two amenities out... absolutely! But it is also possible that the OP is seeing a different property than you bought since the property you bought has two extra amenity icons associated with it.

You'd be surprised how often users don't look at things closely enough and base their purchase on only a star rating (and ignorning the amenities associated with the property), then post "I thought i'd be getting HotelXYZ because that was the 3* that the other person won".

What if i didn't comment above, a new user reads this thread and buys the property described in the first post and it turns out NOT to be the Fairfield Inn? Shouldn't that user be aware that the one time the Fairfield Inn was actually purchased it did have two additional amentiies?

We are buying opaque products, and if you stick around here long enough (i hope you do :) ) you'll see that i almost always head on the side of caution and try to point out the "what could go wrong" scenarios so that users can understand the risks and make their own decisions. I would rather overcaution and underpromise so that users are surprised to the upside, rather than have them be disappointed.

You may think that i'm just being a pain and giving you a hard time (for which i have no reason to), but running this board and keeping it in order is becoming a monumental task, and by asking you for additional information or to make a new topic for your previous win is simply an effort to help keep things organized.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand where you're coming from and sorry for the previous post-I hadn't seen those two slight differences but it makes sense. I posted my previous win on the board and am indeed staying there in June but because it is such a small resort and for internet privacy issues, I prefer not to list the actual dates in June that I will be there at this time. I will post a review when I return. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]