Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver Crowne Plaza

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

I am attending a conference at the Vancouver Coast Plaza between April 25th and 30th. I plan to fly into Seattle and drive across, hence should be getting to Vancouver around 2am.

The Coast Plaza is in the downtown area, I believe.

I want a hotel near the conference centre (not more than 30mins from the centre by car)

I can accept hotels within 2* to 3.5* ratings (4* might be too expensive for me).

I am willing to pay about $50.00 per night

I would be very grateful if you can suggest a bidding strategy for me.

Regards, Noela

Your best bet is 2.5* or 3* hotels. I prefer 3* for almost the same price.

3* hotels in downtown vancouver are approximately $45 + tax. Tax is 12% I think.

3 Star Choices:

Renaissance Vancouver

Crowne Plaza Vancouver

Coast Plaza Suite Hotel

Sandman Hotel

Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre

Holiday Inn Downtown Tower & Suites

4* hotels are almost $60+ so if you want less than $50 go 3*.

Good luck as any 3* hotel in will put you within excelelnt walking distance of the conference center.

Check mapquest for

IMHO, the problem with bidding 3 star in Vancouver is that you may get stuck with the Sandman Inn which in no way compares with the other 3stars some of which are excellent.

Also I should say that not all of the others are walking distance to the Coast Plaza although they are all within the 30minutes drive that you stipulated.

Why not consider Hotwire? There is currently 3.5star showing at $51.00 per night which I'M GUESSING may be the Crowne Plaza. Take a look yourself at the amenities offered and compare them with the Hotwire Hotel list for Vancouver on this sight to see if you agree. And if anyone else out there has a thought on that, perhaps you'd jump in also. Hotwire prices tend to vary so don't take long on making a decision.

You can access Hotwire through www.SavingsBarn.com

There's no harm in bidding for a 4 star. I've been succesful at the $50 to $55 level on occasion however not for this length of stay.

One thing you should know is that parking at any of these places is costly.

Good luck!

Hi,

I think most areas within the downtown zone would be fine - so long as they are accessible by public transport or car.

What do you think of the $50 offer from hotwire, as the previous poster suggested - could it be the CrownPlaza?:

Yes, $50 is my maximum bid before taxes

Regards, Noela

The link you provided to Hotwire will not work on computers other than your own (so i've removed it)... please include the full list of amenities and star rating shown if you'd like help identifying it; or would you just be trying Priceline regardless of this Hotwire hotel's identity?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Two re-bid zones available at the 3* level and two re-bid zones available at the 2.5* level.

Select 3* Vancouver...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* Vancouver...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) :)

Please change my post title to:

3* Vancouver Crown Plaza Hotel. ..$45....4/25/06 - 4/30/06

I followed the bidding strategy you recommended.

3* Vancouver, $40 rejected

I retained 3* selection and added a re-bid zone (Delta - which only had up to 2*s bid 45).

It was accepted.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Georgia

Check-In Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, April 30, 2006

Your Offer Price: $45.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $225.00 (US dollars)

Taxes & Service Fees: $34.43 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $259.43 (US dollars)

CrownPlaza's lowest advertised daily rate is $129Cdn (about $112 USD), hence I saved more than 50% per night. Thanks very much to you and SavingsBarn

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]