Priceline Hotel: Vancouver 6/15-6/19

binarynut
By binarynut,
in

I've been looking at Hotwire for Vancouver hotels during the 6/15-6/19 window. The prices are high, there is one $83 2.5 * hotel in Downtown Vancouver South, otherwise anything downtown is over $120. My preference is for the entertainment district and to stay under or at least near 100 a night. Any suggestions for a Priceline bidding strategy?

You're correct, Vancouver's zone goes a bit further than I'd prefer on Priceline. Next year I'll check the schedule and avoid the NHL draft! I would assume by bidding on Priceline I'd find the lowest prices will be the Stanley Park area and the mainland. Do you have any suggestions for an opening bid? If the price is right I can manage with that expanded area. Thanks.

I had really hoped to cap it off at around $110, US. I know that's not much in Vancouver for cruise ship season. I have a reservation direct with a 2 star at $99 canadian (plus tax) on Howe Street. I'd prefer to upgrade to a nicer hotel.

You have three re-bid zones available at the 4* level in the Vancouver area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejeted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejeted close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]