Priceline Hotel: 3* Dallas (Arlington-Grand Prairie) Hilton Arlington

hikimmo
By hikimmo,
in

I'm wondering whether I should change my strategy. I tried bidding for a 3* hotel in Dallas (Arlington/Grand Prairie). By backing all the way out each time, I had 7 rebids instead of 3. Began at $40, went up by $3-$4 each rebid. Final rejection at $63.

The Hilton seems to be the hotel that comes up in this zone, and their desk rate is $119/Thurs and $101/weekend.

1. Should I wait and try again as the date gets closer?

2. Should I try again now, aiming for the weekend only (5/12-5/14)? If I do this, how successful would I be in adding a room for Thursday 5/11?

3. Should I rebid in 72 hours but go up by $5 instead? (topping out at $75)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

3* Dallas (Arlington/Grand Prairie), $45 5/11-5/14/06

I tried unsuccessfully three weeks ago for a hotel in the Arlington TX area. I specifically hoped for the Hilton. I began my bidding at $40 and ended at $63 when I ran out of rebid zones. Today I tried again, beginning my bid at $45 and intending to add $3 each rebid...but I got it on the first try. Go figure. Priceline said the avg. price for a 3* hotel in Arlington was $111/night.

I can't always figure this thing out. But I'm not going to complain about a Hilton for $45/night, either.

Your Offer Price: $45.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $135.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $28.44

Total Charges: $163.44

By the way, Thereuare, I just made a donation to your site through PayPal. Thank you for all the help I've received over the years from the info shared here.

Kim (WriteShop)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]