England London Millenium Baileys Kensington

eaglelip
By eaglelip,
in

My family stayed at the Millenium Bailey's Kensington for 3 nights in March 2006. The hotel is quaint and charming, located right across the street from the Gloucester Tube station. It is an old hotel, well preserved, but with the occasional worn carpet or loose tile.

We had a large king size bed and a crib was provided for our little boy at no cost. They ask

• 4 years later...

I stayed at the Millenium Bailey's Kensington for nearly a week in October 2010 on work-related travel.

The location is outstanding - it is mere metres from the Gloucester Road tube station, which also has one of the new Barclays bike rental locations out front.

There are a number of restaurants of with a variety of ethnicities, quality and price within a one-block radius, along with a grocery store if you wish to save money by purchasing food from there instead.

Upon arrival I was offered a room upgrade along with breakfast and internet for 25 pounds a night, which I immediately accepted as I had expected to pay 10-15 pounds a night for internet access anyways - perhaps not such a great deal if you are not in London for business and don't need ample access to the internet. The room I was given was abundant in size, with elegant furniture, wardrobe and king size bed, and the bathroom was also large, but with a layout such that there was a lot wasted floor space. The tub was large and deep such that I enjoyed a couple of relaxing baths during my stay.

As some reviews on the Tripadvisor website note, the sound of slamming doors is a bit of a problem - my own door was quite thick and heavy so when I let it shut on its own it built up quite a lot of momentum and slammed with considerable force and noise - it took a few occasions before I had to remember to ease my own door shut for the courtesy of other guests. If you're on vacation and sleeping in, this might be an issue as people (like myself) heading off to early business meetings might forget to ease the room door shut.

The breakfast was buffet style, so there were ample amounts of food but not of noteworthy quality, and I really did get sick and tired of a full english breakfast each morning by the end of my stay. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it as a standalone price (versus bundled with internet and a room upgrade) as it was very expensive for what was being offered. There were plenty of restaurants within a one block radius offering a wide variety of breakfasts for very reasonable prices.

I was extremely satisfied with my stay, and would stay there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]