CA Los Angeles Hyatt Century Plaza Beverly Hills

norwegianwife
By norwegianwife,
in

The Heavenly Bed. It's what the Westin is known for and this one was no different! This one topped the Marriott in Amsterdam! This was a great hotel. NO problems at check in and no mention of Priceline. Were given rooms on the 14th floor. The room overlooked a building across the street which is under construction and they work 6 days a week, so if you are sensitive to noise, just take some earplugs and you should be ok! We know they have rooms on the other side of the hotel that overlook the Pacific Ocean, but no luck scoring one of those, but then again, we didn't ask either! This hotel is right next door to a Westfield Shopping center. Great stores with a typical outdoor open layout. Quick cab ride to Sunset and all of the trendy bars. Hotel itself is a bit isolated. I think it is more suited to business travelers and the area seemed deserted on Saturday and I think it is on the fringes of Beverly HIlls. It is home to a fabulous spa. We had drinks outside by the pool. A beautiful setting. Big comfortable sofas with lamps and great tables all outside. Good background music, kind of like Buddah Bar stuff. I asked for a glass of Cabernet and was served a fabulous glass, and the bill came and I found out why it was so good, it was 17 dollars a glass! So, check the menu before you order if you don't want to spend lots of money! So overall, The WEstin was a great score on Priceline. NOthing to complain about, which is always good in a review!

• 7 months later...

:)

Just got back from LA at the hyatt. Checked in around 3pm without any mention of priceline. However when we looked at our rooms, i realised that i got a corner room. It wasnt bad except that the room was designed a little different without a bath tub (had a shower room instead) and closet which doubled as a place to leave my suitcase was smaller than the second room we had. It wasnt a big issue for me so i didnt ask to be switched. Otherwise the rooms looked very new and renovated. The front desk chaps were pretty friendly at all times as was Gary in the concierge.

Location. As blueskies mentioned before, its right adjacent to the century city mall which has a nice foodcourt and a couple of sitdown restaurants. Otherwise u are a fair distance from the real beverly hills/ rodeo drive etc and do have to drive. Oh and parking is pricy here at the hotel. Valet is 29/day and self parking 20.

A few tips for the rooms,

odd number atleast in the 30-59 range face the avenue of the stars street and have no view...there is construction right across the avenue. These rooms appear to be king size beds. The double beds are on the opposite side of the hotel and likely face the garden that the hotel has.

Number 59 is the corner room (personal experience)

Self parking is right besides the hotel but u wont have in an out privileges. Drive past the lobby and there are directions to it. If u get in after 6pm, u can park at the parking lot that is on MGM drive (its right behind the hotel) and is 15 dollars.

well good luck !

• 3 years later...

Just to give you guys the update from my lovely trip to Los Angeles, I loved the Hyatt Century Plaza! The location is like 4 blocks from Rodeo Drive, the staff at the hotel seemed friendly, the valets got the car upfront pretty quickly, and the common areas for the bar and the pool were nice to chill! There is a mall across the street from the hotel, so you can walk and not have to get your car from the Valets! The fee for Valet was around $33 a day, but it was pretty worry free for us. As for 2 single guys, the location couldn't be better! Went on the weekend just before M.J.'s funeral/tribute, and had a lot of different people coming through the lobby. The only down side was that there was a church group having a retreat there, there was a wedding there, and then other activities all that weekend, which made the rooms limited and we were stuck with a 1 king room, instead of the Double room that we requested. The only thing they could do for us is provide a roll away bed which my friend had the pleasure of sleeping on! :) Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and the scenery! Thanks again!

• 8 months later...

I have stayed her twice, with winning bids before I found this forum, I paid $95 both times. After reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the hotel, the FANTASTIC shower, and the complimentary fridge and coffee maker (you have to request them, but they are delivered quickly).

Parking is now $35 per night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]