Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vanccouver Marriott Pinnacle

asda
By asda,
in

hi everyone again,

I am starting to scout for a room in early may in vancouver where i am attending a conference. As the conference is being held in the pan pacific (which along with the fairmont is sold out...atleast the conference rooms), id like to be in a hotel that is within walking distance. After looking at hotwire and priceline, ive realised that priceline is harder in vancouver to isolate the hotel region as it includes almost all of vancouver downtown, some parts of which may be too far. Hotwire has a vancouver downtown west that is smaller. Thus i may be forced to only use hotwire.

In either case, are there any suggestions anyone may have on hotels around the pan pacific. Presently hotwire offers a 5* in dowtown vancouver west at 157 that i think is the sutton and has a restaurant, pool, spa, fitness, golf, business center. A 3* has a suite, pool, business, and kitchennette for 96. Not sure what hotel it refers to. There is also a 4* listed as a customer favorite that is listed as a boutique.

Any vancouver tidbits on this vicinity would also be useful

thanks,

asda

hi thereuare,

April 30-may 05 vancouver near the pan pacific (which is adjacent to the canada place in downtown west)

Il be booking this time thru the savingsbarn site :-) By the way, if i do keep checking hotwire back and forth thru the same links, does it create a negative issue? As an alternative, i can log onto hotwire's site for the time being to look for prices and when im about to finalise i can use the savingsbarn link.

Presently:

5* restaurant, pool, fitness, spa, nearby golf, business ctr $157...i guess this is the sutton place hotel

4* (customer favorite) boutique, restaurant, pool, fitness, spa, kitchenette, laundry $138

3* suite, pool, kitchenette, business

2* shuttle, restaurant, fitness, internet, business, laundry 97

Im only looking at 3 and above star ratings. Not sure what the 3* suite refers to

P.s im still trying to guess whether if i did bid on priceline whether i would be close enough to walk to the pan pacific.

thanks,

asda

Agree with your assessment of the 5* most likely the Sutton.

The 4* is a match for the Pacific Palisades so that would be our best guess for that property.

Not sure of the 3* hotel.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com links. I don't see any advantage/disadvantage to numerous searches from the same links or dates.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is, of course, always a risk but the 4 stars that most often seem to come up on Priceline for Vancouver downtown are the Westin Bayshore and the Marriot both os which are very close to the Pan Pacific - quite a bit closer than Sutton Place or Pacific Palisades.

• 1 month later...

:) 4* Marriott vancouver pinnacle 4/29- 5/5/06 $125/night

Well after weeks and months of trying hotwire and priceline and spending countless hours screening thru hotel sites, finally a day before the trip i got my bid accepted. Offered 120, got a counteroffer, refused it and added a freebid and upped it to 125 and voila got it. In case anyone is wondering why the price is so high, there is a big conference going on this week and most of the hotels are booked out (on Orbitz the marriott was at 316/night , and their website claimed it was sold out when i asked for the entire 6 days).

Anyway as i have realised, just keep trying (especially with the 24 hr rather than 72 hr rule), rooms open up very late.

Thanks thereuare, i used the savingsbarn.com link.

asda

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]