VA Richmond Sheraton West End

Governator
By Governator,
in

Excellent, low-cost 3* hotel. I found it to be an very good value for my $36 winning bid. I have also stayed previously at a similar price.

Externally not impressive, low-rise, dated looking building. Somewhat of a spawling building complex, this results in a potentially long walk to the room. However it is offset for guests with vehicles, you can park all around the perimeter and enter the buildings from the closest entrance. Pull into the front and get your room assignment and directions before parking. Parking is free and plentiful.

Rooms are average size and seem to have been recently updated. The beds are wonderful. I repeat, the very best part about the hotel is the VERY comfortable beds. They have great mattresses, soft, high-end sheets that fit, both foam and feather pillows and an excellent comforter (not bedspread). I would stay at this place just for the beds. This makes it stand apart from most other thirty-something priced rooms with poor fitting sheets, lumpy and hard mattresses and questionable pillows.

Very nice restaurant in the lobby, Shula's (like the coach). Modern and attractive with good menu, a little pricey but some reasonable priced items on it. Reception check-in is quick and friendly. Nice indoor pool open all year with indoor/outdoor pool for warmer weather. Internet is not free :) Hotel is right on I64 with easy access, only about 5 miles from I95.

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]