Priceline Hotel: 3* Milwaukee (Downtown)

jackkrat
By jackkrat,
in

I hope it is okay to post unsuccessful bids... I was thinking that, when it comes to getting the best price, it's just as useful to know what amounts will not work as to know what will work. So here goes....

I bid $30 for 3* downtown, added NW zone and rebid 3* with $33 and got zilch. Perhaps I was a little greedy, being the peak season and all. I figure I have plenty of time to wait and rebid. Is there still a 72 hour rule? Next time I think I'll start with $40, which is closer to previous posts, though it's been a long time since someone posted for 3* at this location during peak season. Any suggestions?

Of course we welcome failed bids... for exactly the reason you mention. The only time they're not welcomed is when they're entirely unreasonable (such as $40 for a 5* hotel in Vegas on the weekend :) )

There is still a lock-out period, but it is now only 24 hours... down significantly from the previous 72 hours.

If you continue bidding this please simply continue this thread and if/when you ultimately have a win we'll edit the topic title accordingly.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried $36 and $39 today, still no luck. I wish there were more than one additional area to work with - I can't believe Milwaukee does not have more than a 3* downtown. Is priceline trying to thwart betterbidding? At any rate, I will continue to crawl up...

Another question: is it possible that there aren't any rooms available yet on priceline? I've noticed that it is exceedingly rare for someone to post a win several months ahead of time. I'm wondering if hotels wait to release rooms for cheap prices only when it appears they will have vacancies. hmm...

• 4 weeks later...

Milwaukee hotel rates can be very fickle depending on what is going on. I'm thinking Irish Fest is that weekend (maybe that's what you're coming up for?) and that is a tremendously popular festival, especially with people from chicago. I'd check the other travel sites to see if there's even availability downtown for that weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]