WI Milwaukee Wyndham Airport South

hannahb352
By hannahb352,
in

This hotel is located very close to the MKE airport and we used it to stay over the night before an early flight. I have used both the Radisson and Baymont Inn also in the airport area and this hotel was by far the nicest. I bid only $38 and it was accepted on my first try. We stayed here the night before our flight left and we able to leave our car there our entire trip and use their shuttles. The cheapest parking at the airport is $6 a day so your hotel is basically free if you are on a long enough trip either way it is the way to go if you are traveling from out of town for an early flight. Traffic through Milwaukee can be horrible on a weekday morning. We arrived very late like 11:30 pm and there was no problem. The front desk was very friendly and told us about all the hotel had to offer. Our room was in the International Building (aka older part) but it was still very nice. It was clean, up to date, no funny smells, very quiet. The hotel was full service (pool, hot tub, fitness, lounge, restaurant, bus. center ..seemed a bit small and room service). We looked at the room service menu that was in the room it seemed normally priced, but then I saw a breakfast card on the door and looked at it. It had to be out by 2am but the prices were much cheaper. We each got 2 eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, and orange juice for 6.75! It arrived on time and was very good well worth it and much better deal than the airport. One big plus was the hotel shuttle service to the airport. It ran on demand 24hrs. which is not the case at some of the hotels in this area, so no matter when your flight was you could get a ride. The ride to the airport was short..less than 5 min and both shuttle drivers were very friendly. Overall this was an excellent hotel and I would stay there again anytime. Oh yes..and it was very easy to get our shuttle when our flight came in...there is a phone near the baggage claim and you can push the button for the hotel and they will be there right away. Our shuttle driver was there faster than many of the rental car and other hotel shuttles.

• 7 months later...

Second stay at this property and I now see where some other reviews I have seen on the web have come from. I was put in the Executive building for this stay...warning..not where you want to be you really want the presidential or even international buildings. I checked in late around 11pm and check in was smooth. The hotel itself was great, it was the room that I had a problem with. We were given 2 beds non-smoking which is what we had asked for but we were put in a room on the first floor in the Executive building. This room had an inside and an outside entrance...kind of like a motel. I did not feel safe in this room with this extra door. It wasn't locked when I checked it and when I did lock it, it didn't seem really secure. The road and plane noise was terrible in this room. The beds were hard and the room just seemed run down. We only needed a place to sleep and I wasn't alone so it was acceptable, had I been traveling alone I don't think I would have stayed. On the plus side I had no problem leaving my car there while I was gone and using their shuttles. Friendly drivers and no concerns about me being a Priceline customer leaving my car. I even grabbed a shuttle back to the hotel between flights to drop off things in my car that I didn't want to take to my next destination and was gladly brought back to the airport. At checkout the clerk asked me how everything was and I politely told her that I really liked the hotel but found my room to be loud and that I didn't really feel safe since I was put in the back region of the hotel with that extra outside door. She seemed genuinely concerned and looked at my reservation and said that it was pre-paid so she couldn't credit me but offered my hotel money and asked when I would be returning to the hotel from my trips. I told her the 5th and she gave me $30 in hotel money that I could use when I came back towards dinner and or drinks in their hotel. I did use the money and had dinner in America

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Booked this hotel on a same day Priceline reservation. Wanted a quick overnight at a hotel with free parking. When I pulled up, I was very surprised by the outside appearance, as I expected a Wyndham to look fairly nice on the outside. A two or three story building that appears around 30 years old. Floor plan is odd with several buildings branching out from a central hallway. Common areas looked like they had seen better days. Front desk people were very friendly and check-in was a breeze. I ended up with a ground floor room at the end of the building. Upon entering, the room smelled fairly musty and everything was outdated as expected. The comforter and pillows looked straight from the 80's. One of the odd features of the room was a door in the room that led to the outside giving it that nice motel feel. There was free wi-fi however. Overall, the place was OK. This is a gross overrating at 3*, as it is far from "luxury" that defines that rating.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]