Brooklyn areas?

Oboy
By Oboy,
in

Friends,

Just starting my travel again and will be going to a live show at The Bell House in Brooklyn. While I am familiar with Manhattan, I don't know Brooklyn and want to be sure I am staying in a safe area. Can you recommend areas to stay?

As a follow up, I used to live in NYC and have stayed there for years, but the news recently has me nervous about it getting sketchy again (random attacks on the street and the subway). Any thoughts?

How long of a trip are you taking?

If you're only going to be in Brooklyn for the one event, why not stay in Manhattan and commute to Brooklyn for the one nite? (rather than, i'm assuming, staying Brooklyn and commuting multiple times to Manhattan for the 'other' nites of your trip... or is this just a short 1-2 nite stay?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On 9/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, thereuare said:

How long of a trip are you taking?

If you're only going to be in Brooklyn for the one event, why not stay in Manhattan and commute to Brooklyn for the one nite? (rather than, i'm assuming, staying Brooklyn and commuting multiple times to Manhattan for the 'other' nites of your trip... or is this just a short 1-2 nite stay?)

This is a one night stay. Yes, Manhattan would absolutely work!

Rates are a bit high for this nite, but first my thoughts as to your best location to call 'home'...

I would think about how you want to get to the venue...

SUBWAY: it looks like an easy walk from the following subway lines F, G, D, N, R, W.  In Manhattan all of these lines originate in Midtown.  However, if you decide to take:
TAXI / UBER: I would stay Downtown Manhattan as it's a about a 4 mile trip which should put a NYC yellow taxi at about $15 (give or take depending upon traffic) and an Uber/Lyft a little more or less depending if surge pricing is in effect at the time you need to travel.

If you decide upon midtown i'm seeing the following which seem to be good deals (in regards to regular rates, nothing i'm seeing is outright 'cheap' for this nite):
Hyatt Grand Central - business hotel and not the best of reviews lately, but at $195/nite it's the only thing i'm seeing under $200/nite

Royalton Hotel - boutique / trendy with decent reviews at $229/nite

Crown Plaza HY36 Midtown - $232/nite has the best reviewed of the 3 and centrally located

If Downtown is an option and you're trying to stay below the prices above, HOTWIRE has what looks to be:
The Wall Street Inn - i'm not familiar with this property, to me it looks like a 'historic property' (ie- not modern and perhaps could use a refresh) but the reviews are good and may be worth a 'roll of the dice' given the other options and this one only at $152/nite if you're trying to stay within a budget

Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown-Financial District includes Breakfast for $189/nite

W New York Downtown would be a 'fancy' option at $249/nite

I also did have a very quick look at Brooklyn and rates there are even higher.

Not sure of your budget so we can start with the above and fine tune / seek further from there.

Thoughts on any of the above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately with many of NYC hotels now charging resort fees, along with already high city/hotel tax, many of the above are $300+ on an all-in basis (not to mention that a few are already gone, although PRICELINE now shows more options than when i looked yesterday).

Closest i'm seeing your price point is on PRICELINE EXPRESS:

4 star Downtown - Wall Street for $208/nite with:
Restaurant

Fitness Center

Pets Allowed

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Doubletree Hilton New York Downtown.  Priceline does not show a resort fee for this property, so you're all-in price after our Priceline Coupon comes in at $256/nite

Have you found anything of acceptable quality closer to your $200 budget?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]