Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chattanooga (Downtown Chattanooga) Chattanooga Choo Choo

pokerchick66
By pokerchick66,
in

I went to the Bidding Helper under Hotwire Research and was looking for a 2.5 star Downtown Chattanooga hotel and saw one for $63.  The HotelReveal Guess said that it was the Chattanooga Choo Choo, which was great since that's where I was hoping to stay.  However, farther down the list, they had a 3-star Downtown Chattanooga hotel for $91 and the Guess said it was ALSO the Chattanooga Choo Choo.  So which is it? 

So since I've used this site before usually with reliable results, I bought the 2.5 star offer for $63 from 3/11 to 3/13.  Well, guess what?  I did not get the Chattanooga Choo Choo.  I got the Kinley Chattanooga, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel.  I know it's a risk we take being a mystery hotel but I was pretty bummed that I didn't get the Choo Choo.  To add insult to injury, there was also a $10 Hotwire coupon that wasn't listed above the Hotel Search on the Bidding Helper page that I could have used had I known.    

Sorry to hear about the wrong ID for this property.  We have replicated the issue on our end and are in the process of implementing a fix to minimize the chances of it happening again (while we have an extremely high degree of confidence in our systems, it is impossible to test every possible hotel or scenario, and this search created a rate and unique outlier situation which we have now taken into consideration and incorporated into our algorithm).

We are also in the process of an update (hopefully implemented by tomorrow) of making sure the prices shown at BiddingHelper include all possible coupons from the Hotwire Coupon page (and not just those listed at BiddingHelper)

Thank you again for sharing your experience as it helps us continually to evolve and improve the accuracy for everyone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]