Hotwire Hotel: 5* Cancun (Playa Mujeres) Excellence Playa Mujeres Adults Only All Inclusive

heatherhopecs
By heatherhopecs,
in

5* Playa Mujeres (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $352/nite with:
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet

2 hours ago, heatherhopecs said:

BiddingHelper.com is showing Excellence Playa Mujeres

I agree with this guess.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're welcome... hopefully you can make it work as the reviews look AWESOME!

Here is a link for the same hotel but for 2 rooms (if you need links for more than 2 rooms let me know, otherwise if each person booking on their own can all use the same link above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, we stayed there several years ago and loved it, and have stayed at Excellence Riviera Cancun numerous times.  We really love the Beloved (next door to EPM) and would prefer that property but the price is way higher this year for some reason (it's usually less than EPM... go figure). 

Our friends are out due to a work conflict so now the final question remains before I hit the book button:  will the price go down in that same timeframe (mid-Sep) due to a decline in travel resulting from the coronavirus???  Do you have any opinions on that?  I've been reading the news and seeing lots of rumblings about decline in business and leisure travel globally as a result.  I scored some great deals to the Riviera Maya in 2009 during the swine flu scare.  Thoughts?

Unfortunately nobody can say if rates will go down, move higher, or the offer disappears entirely over the next few months. 

Hotel pricing uses a forecasting model so it's likely that current pricing is already factoring in some level of weakness.  So the question is whether fear is at it's peak right now and things will not be as bad as hoteliers think (and rates will move higher) or will travel slow to a trickle and things will get worse (and rates move lower). 

If anyone really knew if things are at their worst right now and will improve vs. if things will deteriorate further from here, there would be better ways to profit from it than just the savings on this hotel room :wink:... but unfortunately nobody knows what to expect in the nearterm (and thus the wild swings of the stock market last week).

Wish i had a more concrete answer for you, but at the moment nobody can say with a high degree of certainty.

Thanks for the perspective. The info about the predictive pricing was very helpful. In the last 24 hours, the $352 is gone but now I see an offer at $285 for the same dates and what appears to be also EPM. Full amenities for the $285 deal are as follows. Do you think this is still EPM? If yes, I'm going to book now and not get greedy, haha!

Amenities

Top Amenities

Free WiFi

Fitness Center

All Inclusive

Valet Parking

Airport Shuttle

Pools & Wellness

Fitness Center

Spa

Sauna

Massage

Parking & Transportation

Airport Shuttle

Valet Parking

Facilities

Grounds/Garden

Library

Guest Services

Concierge Service

24-hour Front Desk

Dry Cleaning

Baggage Storage

Atm/Cash Machine on Site

Activities & Entertainment

Game Room

Private Beach Area

Nightclub/DJ

Food & Drink

Bar

Coffee Shop

Poolside Snack Bar

All Inclusive

Accessibility

Elevator/Lift

Media/Technology

WiFi in Public Areas

Free Internet Available

Free Internet Access

Features

Adults Only

I assume the above is a 5 star and these are the amenities named (as per BiddingHelper.com):

5* HOTWIRE Playa Mujeres for $282
Free parking
Free breakfast
Free internet
Near beach
Free food and drinks
A la carte dining
Free water activities
Smoke-free rooms
Free entertainment
==> Excellence Playa Mujeres Adults Only All Inclusive

... or is it a PRICELINE EXPRESS property you are referring to?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that it was even lower than you originally expected.  We're glad you were able to utilize the current Hotwire Coupon for even more savings.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this hotel for the Cancun Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]