Vancouver mid-week October 2020, what bed type will I get?

Rabbi-Reefer
By Rabbi-Reefer,
in

No mention of beds for 4.5 star deal, don't want to end up with 2 doubles

I'm considering booking a "hot rate", which I believe will end up being the Pan Pacific, which is great because we are cruising from Canada Place.

The price listed is considerably less than I've seen elsewhere, but there is no mention of room time. I don't want to end up with two doubles when I check in. I noticed in the terms that it says only the rate is guaranteed, not the room type or beds.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Let us first have a look at the offer (we will confirm that we agree with your guess of the Pan Pacific) and we'll then be able to investigate what your bedding options may be.

So we can research this for you, what are the dates of your stay and the room rate for the hotel offer you're looking at?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So for this hotel:

4.5* HOTWIRE Downtown - Coal Harbour, Convention Center, & Stanley Park for $157
Resort
Pet friendly
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access
Golf nearby
==> i agree with your guess of the Pan Pacific

If you're not, be aware that our BiddingHelper.com tool will identify just about any HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers... just do your search at Bidding Helper, click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW or PRICELINE EXPRESS tab, and then hover your mouse over the 'SEE MATCH from HOTEL LIST' button.

Back to your bed situation...

Some HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE EXPRESS) hotels will show a Bed Choice option where you can choose the room configuration that you want.  Unfortunately this property does not show a room choice, which means that the actual room will be assigned at check-in based upon availability.  When no room choice is assigned you can usually call the hotel ahead of time and request the room type that you want.  Most hotels will note this request on your reservation and will do what they can to accommodate... a few hotels will indicate that they can't make any changes to the reservation or that a room can't be determined until check-in (often in this situation i may just say 'thank you' and call back in 2-3 days and hope for a different front desk person to answer the phone... i also try to call when i assume they won't be too busy; never at 11am check-out time or 3-4pm check-in time so that the person on the phone may be willing to take a little extra time vs. if they have a line of people waiting in front of them.  If this too fails, i then may do a little homework, find the email address of the hotel manager, and send an email indicating that i'm looking forward to my stay, it's a special occasion, and make my bed type known).

One thing in your favor at this property is that the hotel charges the same for rooms with 1 King bed vs. rooms with 2 beds.  In some areas (such as Las Vegas) hotels charge more for rooms with 2 beds, and therefore if that is the room type you are seeking, it may become a little more difficult since you're not just making a bedding request, but seeking the more expensive room type.

Lastly, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is selling for about $223 for your nite above, so the question also becomes is the ~$65 savings worth the chance that you may or may not get the room configuration that you want.  If a 2 bedded room was $150 would it be acceptable?   at $125?  at $100?  Typically at some point the possibility of not getting the room type you want becomes worthwhile in exchange for the amount of the savings.

Do you have an amount in mind where staying right near the cruise pier becomes worthwhile even if you were to only receive a room with two beds... or is a room with two beds a deal breaker at any price?  If this is a deal breaker, what is your budget for a room this trip for a one bedded room?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're welcome.

Is the Pan Pacific the only hotel you're interested in or would something else near the port also work for your needs?

10 hours ago, thereuare said:

You're welcome.

Is the Pan Pacific the only hotel you're interested in or would something else near the port also work for your needs?

It's not the only one I'd consider.

We stayed at the Pinnacle Harbourfront a few years ago, which was also very convenient.

We currently have an Airbnb booked in a residential neighborhood for a steal compared to the hotel prices downtown, which is fully refundable, so I think I'll just wait and see if prices go down. It is after all, early October, and not the middle of Summer.

Thanks again for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]