harder nad harder to find name your own price

PierreC
By PierreC,
in

You can still Name Your Own Price and bid on priceline, although they continue to move/hide the bidding page as they put more of an emphasis on their Priceline Express product.

We have set up the following page, BiddingForHotelRooms.com, for quick and easy access to the bidding form... just enter your travel information and you'll be taken directly to the bidding page for priceline.

I'm sure this helps and answers your question, but any issues let us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I hate to say it but am totally jammed trying to locate any PL NYOP page.  I am a long time member so familiar with PL moving the link and  despite trying https://www.biddingforhotelrooms.com/ cannot access any NYOP web page.

The link redirects to https://www.priceline.com/hotels and in fact, the links under "Our Products" for "Hotel Express Deals", Name Your Own Price", and "Hotels" all redirect to the same URL: https://www.priceline.com/hotels.

Is PL NYOP for hotels extinct on the web?

Edit:  The only thing I could find was that PL is saying NYOP is only available as a mobile app now.  Not sure if this is accurate:  https://www.priceline.com/help-page/submenu/81/411/how-do-i-use-the-name-your-own-price-service

This link used to work through the BB site: https://www.priceline.com/hotels/startOffer.do?

11 hours ago, WPBdiver said:

Is PL NYOP for hotels extinct on the web?

I will have a look later this week to see if there is any workaround, but i do know they were making a push towards their PRICELINE EXPRESS product.

If your stay is for 2+ nites and for 3 stars or more, our Priceline Coupon makes their Express deals competitive with NYOP, but for one nite stays (or those 2.5 stars or less) it will be a little more than what used to be available by bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Plebian,

I have personally not made a purchase on the mobile app for NYOP, but the fact the mobile site constrains your bids to a predetermined range says to me the NYOP mobile *might* be of use to establish floor values when comparing to other offers (PL, HW, etc.).  Will try out the PRICELINE EXPRESS or the HOTWIRE links as posted on this web site.  Hopefully, there is a links still available.  I tried links from my old wins to access the tried and true NYOP site to no avail.

And will look more closely at our admin's advice in the apparent lack of true NYOP which now puts PL into the tub of all other travel vendors  trying to make a distinction without a true difference:

Admin's advice:  "If your stay is for 2+ nites and for 3 stars or more, our Priceline Coupon makes their Express deals competitive with NYOP, but for one nite stays (or those 2.5 stars or less) it will be a little more than what used to be available by bidding."

Good thoughts. NYOP was a great gig while it lasted. Priceline and Hotwire both need to have some decent savings to make it worth not doing a cancellable reservation somewhere else.

Regarding your thought about using the phone as a baseline:  I was working on a Hotwire purchase on and off, the last couple of days. I was waiting for an appointment and decided to bring Hotwire up on my phone, with data. And it was different. Most importantly, it told me the Mystery Deal was one of TWO not of THREE hotels, and it showed them to me. These bids were otherwise exactly the same except the method of opening Hotwire. I don't know if the Hotwire phone app would be yet somehow different again. 

• 4 months later...

Just to confirm, NYOP is no longer an option on Priceline.

After scouring PL's website and app, I finally chatted with a PL rep and was told the following: "Priceline has formally ended Name Your Own Price. This is a bittersweet moment for us, but the reasons are very straightforward. The vast majority of our customers no longer use it. They prefer to save money on Priceline in easier ways, such as through Express Deals and our new Pricebreakers feature."

When I asked if was posted or communicated anywhere, or if it's new information, the rep said: "This is new information."

As Plebian said, NYOP was great while it lasted.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]