Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York (Rockefeller Center) Renaissance New York Hotel 57

ScottCa596
By ScottCa596,
in

Congratulations on your success!

This looks to be an excellent rate for this time of year... hope you're happy with the results and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this hotel to the New York City Hotwire Hotel List.

Please click the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in NYC!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks - I think the reason this particular weekend is cheaper in NYC is because it is a week after the Veterans day weekend,  which had much higher Hotwire rates, and plane tickets were cheaper this weekend. Neither the Jets or Giants are playing at home this weekend. And its 10 days before the much higher room rates that start after Thanksgiving and run through the middle of December for the holidays. 

I was thinking of the Monday- Thursday of Thanksgiving week when room rates are super cheaper at great hotels in NYC, but airfares were pretty astronomical,  and no cross-country afternoon flights on T-day - so I wouldn't be able to stay to see the Macy's parade, so this weekend I booked hit the sweet spot of low airfare with good flight times, and low Hotwire hotel rates for the weekend. 

Thanks again for your board - I did start with your link - but than had to click on the targeted $20 email link and sign in - so at the point I had a bunch of Hotwire tabs open,  I hope you got credit for the purchase. Can you tell me the proper order of doing that,  so I make sure you get credit in the future?

25 minutes ago, ScottCa596 said:

Can you tell me the proper order of doing that,  so I make sure you get credit in the future?

In the future please click the email link in order to sign-in... then go to BetterBidding and click our HOTWIRE link to begin your search; any discount should still show in your account and we should then also get credit for your purchase.

27 minutes ago, ScottCa596 said:

Neither the Jets or Giants are playing at home this weekend.

Not sure how much of a draw this is given their performance over the last few seasons!:biggrin: (j/k)

Sounds like you researched this trip well from a price standpoint and are reaping the benefits (and savings!)

Thanks again for sharing your win and have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi MichaelEg,

Yes, it's entirely possible that HOTWIRE (or even PRICELINE EXPRESS) shows a 'Room Choice' on the search results page but then no room option(s) are given during the checkout page.  I'm not sure of the logistics 'behind the scenes', but we have seen this frequently.

If there is a specific offer that you're looking at, or would like help with your trip (i'm very familiar with NYC), feel free to start a NEW TOPIC and we would be happy to assist you there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]