Priceline Hotel: 5* Singapore Nov 6-9

the_chad
By the_chad,
in

I've been playing around with the Bidding Helper to get some background on what appears to be a Country with not a lot of (updated?) data points. I'm looking to stay in the Colonial District, Orchard Rd, or Little India.

PL itself shows 5* in those areas ~$200, so I figure bidding less than $100 probably won't get me anywhere. If HW is any indication, 5* seem to be in the $145 range, so maybe ~$120 isn't out of the question.

I'd love to score a win for Hotel Fort Canning or Marriott Tang Plaza as they appear in the BB PL hotel list. But... you know.

Any thoughts or advice are appreciated as always.

Before bidding, few comments/questions:

Thoughts on any of these properties for around the $100-$120 area:

One Farrer Hotel (i don't know anything about this property but does get good reviews)

Grand Park Orchard

or in the $150-$160 range:

InterContinental Singapore

InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay

.... or if you want to bid on PRICELINE are you OK winning any hotel in the zones above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have seen the One Farrer Hotel in HW searches as a the likely property via REVEAL. It is well rated (Trip Adv 2019 Travelers Choice), seems like decent location, and fairly inexpensive. A very good option it appears. But Grand Park Orchard may be in a better location. The Intercontinental is appealing at that price and a good location, as well as a TA Travelers Choice.

Were those found on HW via BiddingHelper.com?

Obviously going the PL route, I am ok with winning any hotel. Thus my "but... you know" comment 🙂

If I decide to book a specific hotel and take no chances, HW or PL, I'll be sure to use mapsandhotels.com

The hotels above were from HOTWIRE (identified using the 'REVEAL HOTELS' button inside the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com)

We can suggest a strategy for you to follow-up for a 5* hotel via Priceline Bidding, but given the hotels and prices above, how high would you like us to go in terms of bid price?

Also, if you have started to explore bidding already you may find that they have been moving/hiding the bidding page, so we have set up the following page/site for quick and easy access (which you can bookmark now if you do a fair amount of bidding from time-to-time): Bidding for Hotel Rooms.com

Let us know your maximum bid price and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think more than anything, it's less about whether I would like/need a 5* hotel and want to bid via PL, but more what's the best deal? We will definitely be spending a good amount of time AWAY from the hotel, so unless a 5* is possible at or very near the 2 previously mentioned above, I'd opt for one of them.

Likely the Intercontinental is it seems in a better location...

Some of the above have disappeared from the offerings, but i do see one that you mentioned as wanting:

5* HOTWIRE Singapore Central - Colonial District for $162
Free Parking
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Spa
==> Hotel Fort Canning

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed for this trip and we will see what is available and advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]