Priceline Hotel: Hotel Help Champaign, IL

evonna_21
By evonna_21,
in

I can't seem to figure out the hotels names for the 4 star and 3 1/2 hotels for priceline. Travel dates 9/10/19-9/13/19 

Zone 1 I think. Is the zone, the general area where the hotel is located? I was going to bid on a hotel.

4 star 

Pets Allowed

Free Parking 

Free Internet

Free Breakfast 

Business Center

3 1/2 Star

Pets Allowed

Free Parking 

Free Internet

Free Breakfast 

Business Center

It looks like you're on the priceline bidding page and the amenities that you've listed are show next to each star rating.

If i've assessed the situation correctly, these are amenities that are offered at every hotel of this star rating in the zone... not specific to one actual hotel you are bidding on (in fact, at this point of the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates, so there would be know way for them to 'know' the amenities that are associated with the hotel that you would win)

So let's back up...

What is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your expected budget? (per nite before taxes/fees)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- i suspect you are also at times having difficulty finding the bidding page for priceline as they constantly moving/hiding it... we have set up the following site for easy access: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just would like a 4 or 3.5 star hotel that's near zipcode 61801. I'm going to a conference there and would like to be close by. Really would like a hotel 50$ per night but can go up to 70$ if need be. Also, would like free parking, breakfast and internet. That's all I really need.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

2.5* Champaign - Urbana (<<<----CLICK HERE to go direct to the listing) for $49
Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center
Free Internet in public areas
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Free Internet in room
>>>Best guess would be the La Quinta Inn and Suites by Wyndham Champaign. While a little outside the zip you're looking at, not too far and a hair under your budget plus you can use the promo code in my signature.

With bidding, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating picked, there is no way to know what hotel you might get when bidding. With PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE, one can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. Additionally, with Champaign I'm seeing one large zone and you might wind up anywhere in that zone if you bid.  I'm not seeing much that would fit on HOTWIRE, unfortunately.

Would the potential La Quinta be of interest? If not, are you interested in bidding?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

What is your maximum bid for a 4* hotel, as i think $70 has almost zero chance of being successful.

Without going into too much detail, i'm speculating that there is only one 4* hotel in this area, I Hotel and Conference Center, which priceline does not appear to have any availability for your dates (if you click this previously link and search for your dates you'll see it's indicated as sold-out).  Even a direct purchase for your dates is $189/nite, making a $70 maximum bid well under half of prevailing rates, which gives you a very low chance of success.

We can suggest a strategy that goes up to whatever amount you'd like (even if only $70) but you need to realize that your chance of success is extremely low if you're only willing to go as high as $70.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target (or avoid) a specific hotel since no information regarding the actual hotel is provided (just like how in your first post the amenities were amenities that are available at all hotels in the zone at that star rating).  To have a guess as to the hotel you may receive you need to use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS (since with each of these services the amenities shown are specific to a particular hotel being offered), but unfortunately i'm not seeing the Country Inn and Suites offered for your dates thru either HOTWIRE or  PRICELINE EXPRESS.

However, i am seeing it offered HERE (<-- click here and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $71/nite which would seem to be a good deal  if this is convenient for your conference.  The Quality Inn & Suites Champaign for $64/nite (again, confirm your dates on the landing page) would be another option in the area and includes both Free Breakfast and Free Parking, but it is not as well reviewed as the Country Inn and Suites.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]