Priceline Hotel: Maui express deal disappeared within minutes

aperezm
By aperezm,
in

I had my eyes and mouse on a Priceline Express Deal for a 4.5* hotel in Wailea-Makena that was in the mid $200s range, (total cost was $931).  I didn't want to book until my flight was confirmed.  Long story short, I went to confirm my flight and when I went back to Priceline I couldn't find the deal anymore.  I did use the betterbidding link plus 5% discount to get that price.  Do you have any tips on how to get a deal to come back?  I know I am SOL but wanted to ask just in case you've seen this before and had any advice.  I tried naming my own price to something close but no luck.  

I was considering a $300 Express Deal I saw the same $272 deal listed at the bottom of the screen as I was about to check out for $300.  It said "People looking at your offer also looked at these ($272)."  When I clicked it it took me to the offer I was looking for and I was temporarily happy until I got to the final checkout and I got the error message that the deal was no longer available.  I will just make do with the $300 deal.

What is the hotel that you're hoping for? (or is it just the price that you're attracted to?)

Have you had a look at HOTWIRE? (and using Reveal Hotels to ID?)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

EDIT TO ADD: is it this property? (i don't know if the offer will go thru or not since obviously i can't take the next step to complete the purchase):

4.5* Wailea - Makena (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $270/nite with:
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
... Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui would be my best guess for this one

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]