Hotwire Hotel: 4* Long Island City Ravel Hotel Trademark Collection by Wyndham

NicoleFnJane
By NicoleFnJane,
in

Need helping finding a room accessible to LaGuardia after 11 pm on 9/10. My son and I can save a lot of money to switch flights and fly out early but want to find reasonable accommodation. Don’t want to be more than $150 all in. We are staying in the city 9/11-13 also so if we can find something $150ish all in for all 3 days I’d be in for that but I have a refundable rate reserved while I watch for those dates and specifically looking for somewhere to crash when we get in now

I’m especially familiar with LIC

Also I forgot to mention that I have $40 HotCash so that combined with any promos to get me close to budget would be good. I want to stay somewhere nice for sure the 11th and 12th but for the 10th we just need safe and clean and no bed bugs. Prefer to not move hotels. Traveling with my 14 year old 

To clarify...

1) The room you need for the nite of 9/10 is for your arrival into the city?

2) Ideally you would like to find one hotel to last for all 3 nites (9/10-9/13) but budget is of more importance than convenience and therefore you're willing to split the stay between two different hotels?

3) where, and for how much, is your current back-up reservation for 9/11-9/13?

4) what is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept for this stay?

5) do you already have plane tix purchased?

Just to get the ball rolling, for your complete stay i'm seeing:

3.5* HOTWIRE Long Island City for $139.49
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Manhattan View to Wyndham Garden Long Island City would be my best guess for this one, which along with your HotDollars (i assume this is what you were referring to by 'Hot Cash') would bring your all-in price down to $170/nite... so $20/nite more than your ideal budget, but also gives you a decent star rated hotel with good reviews and not have to change hotels mid-stay

Let us know your thoughts on the property above (even if you don't like it, knowing what you don't like about it can help us find something more in tune with what you are looking for) as well as answers to the questions in this thread and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, thereuare said:

1) The room you need for the nite of 9/10 is for your arrival into the city?

2) Ideally you would like to find one hotel to last for all 3 nites (9/10-9/13) but budget is of more importance than convenience and therefore you're willing to split the stay between two different hotels? 

3) where, and for how much, is your current back-up reservation for 9/11-9/13?

4) what is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept for this stay?

5) do you already have plane tix purchased?

If you let us know the information above we will have a look to see if there is currently anything better than your existing back-up reservation.

We currently have an 8% off Hotwire Coupon which could be beneficial for this stay as percentage off HOTWIRE coupons are somewhat rare.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize. Have had much going on lately and apparently am only skimming things. 

We ended up sticking with our original plan of flying from Kansas City to LGA so I will share my KC win when I book it. We are looking for a hotel for the nights of 9/11-9/12. My preference is Long Island City. I’m flexible on star rating, but I want clean and safe and especially no bugs. I’d be interested in options of splitting the stay between two hotels if anything jumps out.  

My back up reservation is at the Howard Johnson in LIC and the total for the reservation is $382.00. More than I want to pay period but definitely more than I want to pay to stay there. I have $40 off a hot rate that I can combine with a coupon also. 

Wishlist is a balcony. A rooftop would be nice as well but not a need. I want to stay at the Ravel but i’m still hoping it will come down a bit from that $181 

4 minutes ago, NicoleFnJane said:

We are looking for a hotel for the nights of 9/11-9/12

So ONE nite, checking in on 9/11 and departing on 9/12.... or TWO nites, checking in on 9/11 and departing on 9/13?

Have you confirmed your airfare and are not arriving on 9/10, or have you already made other plans for that nite?

Two nights. 9/11 and 9/12. We have flights booked but we fly southwest so theoretically we still could change our flights to leave on the 10th but likely won’t as we are 3 wks out now. I am planning to hopefully opaque book the KCI Ramada in Platte City for that leg of the trip. I’m just trying to finalize the LIC plan.

love LIC but not opposed to something in Manhattan that is outstanding and on budget 

9 hours ago, NicoleFnJane said:

My back up reservation is at the Howard Johnson in LIC and the total for the reservation is $382.00. More than I want to pay period but definitely more than I want to pay to stay there.

You're already over your budget a hotel you don't want to stay at... i would suggest you use this as your 'price to beat' and try to upgrade to a nicer property that you do want to stay at.

9 hours ago, NicoleFnJane said:

I want to stay at the Ravel but i’m still hoping it will come down a bit from that $181

If you're referring to this one i DO NOT think this is the Ravel:

4.5* HOTWIRE Long Island City for $181
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Business

You can use our new REVEALhotels.com site to correctly identify Hotwire hotels.  For the Ravel look for a 4 star hotel in the Long Island City zone (and confirm using the link previous provided)

49 minutes ago, NicoleFnJane said:

love LIC but not opposed to something in Manhattan that is outstanding and on budget 

You're having a difficult enough time finding something in Long Island City that is decent and within your budget... i don't think you're going to have any luck finding anything in Manhattan that is outstanding and cheaper than LIC.

Keep us updated on your progress or let us know how we can be of further help.

I'm assuming the $4 difference isn't going to get you to act, but if you click thru the offer is it still $181?

What about if you click THIS LINK (although this link will likely only work for next 30 minutes or so)... of course, as we always comment, confirm your dates on the landing page if you do decide to purchase.

21 minutes ago, thereuare said:

What about if you click THIS LINK (although this link will likely only work for next 30 minutes or so)... of course, as we always comment, confirm your dates on the landing page if you do decide to purchase.

So did the link above give you the $177/nite rate?

You may need to choose between a current Hotwire Coupon and your HotDollars... as i think they go in the same promo box (although it's been awhile since i had any Hot Dollars so things may have changed since then)

58 minutes ago, thereuare said:

I'm seeing it for $177 in both BiddingHelper.com and in RevealHotels.com

It's just the link i was getting from both of the above... maybe going thru these links on a desktop later when you are able will make the difference?

Once you're at a desktop if you're unable to see the $177 price thru the links above let me know and once i see your post i'll re-run the search on my end to see if still available.

It would be appreciated if you used our links for your purchases.

I'm not seeing this property offered at all anymore (at any price)

So update. Still having major issues with the hot cash thing and spent literally hours today going in circles about it. Problem is still not fixed but they threw another $40 hot cash at me as a sorry so I will suck it up. 

Looking for best recommendations fitting the above criteria with $80 hot cash and the 8% and I’m going to try to be a little more flexible in the budget to avoid another nightmare or at least get a good enough deal I can cope cause I don’t want to have to do their resolution process ever again. 

Asking here as i’m not sure why but your rates are always a few dollars cheaper than what I see and I’m clearly a budget traveler. 

Understood.... would you take the Ravel at a $205/nite Hot Rate?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]