Hotwire Hotel: 3* Wichita (Wichita East) Holiday Inn - Wichita, KS

NicoleFnJane
By NicoleFnJane,
in

Free parking, Free internet, Indoor pool(s), Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

AccessibilityAccessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

This place was awful. I do not recommend. Do not trust the high ratings, my room was filthy and my keys didn't work on the external doors just to name a couple of problems. Pool is also out of order.

Sorry to hear you're not having good hotel experiences this trip, maybe it's a lack of competition in the area that they're not trying very hard?

You may want to complain to HOTWIRE regarding the Pool being closed as they may offer a bit of a credit in the form of Hot Dollars for the amenity being shown but not being available. (you can mention the other things that you didn't like about the hotel too, but these are going to be less of a factor since they are intangible and subject to opinion/interpretation)

Thanks for the report and hope things only get better from here.😉

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

They gave me $40 so with taxes I still ended up paying $30 for a room with black hair in the bath tub (mine is red), tooth paste splatters and smears down the front of the sink, debris in the bathroom floor large enough to pick up with your fingers - no need for a broom. I am not having the best luck with hotels here and I am a local. Lol. Getting nervous about New York. 

To clarify, Hotwire gave me 40 Hot Dollars when I pressed the issues but they wouldn't even review my photos which I think would make a difference.

3 hours ago, NicoleFnJane said:

Getting nervous about New York. 

This is my neck of the woods so i'll do my best to steer you in the right direction.😉

Let us know once you're ready to move forward with that trip (assuming you have not yet purchased a hotel)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually travel to NYC at least seasonally but until recently was either staying upstate and commuting up or staying in airbnbs. I’m doing the hotel thing more these days and looking for deals. Def looking for help. My ideal is $150 all in a day in LIC, my preference is at the Ravel but it recently disappeared from Hotwire’s hot rates. I do have a refundable room booked at the Howard Johnson in LIC.

For help with your NYC trip please start a NEW TOPIC and include your travel dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]