Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York (Midtown East) The Benjamin

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

Need some bidding help. I am traveling to NYC next weekend for a business meeting.

I am traveling with my family and need two rooms. I want to cut down cost and preferably get a room with an attached living room/kitchenette so the kids can use inflatable beds there. Just like some Residence Inns do.

Rating: 3.5* and over

Cost: $200 max/ night.

Access to Wi-Fi is a must, free parking a plus but not essential. Proximity to Times Square area would be ideal. 

Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions.

Best, Noela

Your budget isn't so much an issue as is your 'want' for a hotel room that is two separate rooms... there are not many Residence Inn type of hotels in NYC (with space at a premium this is typically not the most profitable type of hotel to operate) and even those that are of this variety as going to be smaller than what you find elsewhere throughout the country.  As well, most hotels do have 'suites', but these are usually upgraded rooms that come at a substantial additional cost.

So let's backtrack a minute and figure out exactly what you need so we can help you find something that would work for your family...

Is a second room actually needed for work, privacy, etc... or are you just looking for a place that will have enough room for two air mattresses?  Would a single room with two beds (or 1 bed + pullout sofabed) also be acceptable?

Is your $250 budget factoring the room rate only OR is that all-in inclusive of taxes/fees? (we understand less is always better, but we need to know where to 'draw the line in the sand' should we fine something that would seem to work very well for your needs, even if just slightly over your budget)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't need a second room for a privacy etc.  Just space available for a pull-out bed / air mattress.  Something similar to the

1. Junior suite available at this DoubleTree:  LINK

or:

one bedroom Queen suite at this Benjamin: LINK

In both cases, the little living room can house two air mattresses.

The $250 budget is exclusive of taxes...

thanks again, Thereuare:

/Noela

Both of the links you provided above have a check-out date of 8/12, but your topic title shows your check-out date of 8/13... which is the correct check-out date?

9 minutes ago, Noela said:

I don't need a second room for a privacy etc.  Just space available for a pull-out bed / air mattress.

So to be clear... would a 'regular' hotel room with one bed plus a pullout sofabed (and i suppose potentially eliminating the need to bring air mattresses along) be acceptable?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just to make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples, be aware of what the additional nite does to room rates...

The Doubletree Jr. Suite for 8/9-8/12 goes for $248/nite... add in the extra nite and your room rate jumps to $431/nite (there is a price jump at the Benjamin as well, although not nearly as significant)

I would suggest using HOTWIRE and including 2adults/2children in your search, which includes the following offers:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $190
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==> EVEN Hotel New York- Midtown East which is a newer hotel that has been getting very good reviews, although i can understand if the 'theme' of this hotel is not necessarily to everyone's liking.  The property is a little far east, but certainly do-able.

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $216
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
==> EVEN Hotels New York - Times Square South... similar story as above but with a more central location

4.5* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $239
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Kitchenette
Spa
==> The Benjamin and one of the offers here is for a 1BR suite with Queen Bed

Any of the above of interest?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks very much, Thereuare:   I used the last link and got the Benjamin - here are the details:

Price summary

Room

$690.00 ($230.00 per night x 3 nights x 1 room)

Taxes & fees $212.32

Hotwire Total (USD) $902.32 (Charged to Visa 5084 on Aug 04, 2019)

Resort fee $135.00 (Due at hotel)

Trip total (USD) $1,037.32

Trip total per night (USD) $345.77 (includes resort fee)

of course, I used the BB HOTWIRE link provided.

Danke !

Price summary

Room

$690.00 ($230.00 per night x 3 nights x 1 room)

Taxes & fees $212.32

Hotwire Total (USD) $902.32

Resort fee $135.00 (Due at hotel)

Trip total (USD) $1,037.32

Trip total per night (USD) $345.77 (includes resort fee)

Amenities:

Parking

Wifi

Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room

Bar / lounge

Evening entertainment

Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )

Business Center with Internet Access

Conference facilities

Public wifi

Paid wifi

Paid internet

Internet

Restaurant

Breakfast available

Banquet room

Meeting rooms

Concierge

Non-smoking hotel

Dry cleaning

Laundry service

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get one of the hotels and room types that you originally found and that this property will work well for your family's needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay (and good luck at the business meeting):smile:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]