Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Denver (Downtown Denver) Crowne Plaza Denver

koolkats3
By koolkats3,
in

Picked up Express Deal on Priceline for Dallas Downtown 3.5* for $77/night for Oct. 21. Since it said bed choices on the description, I thought I was eliminating the question of getting only one bed when we need two in the room. When the Booking information came up, the bed choice was listed as $77 for no Choice, and $109 or $119 for choosing King or 2 Queens. Disappointing since our budget did not allow for more than $100. I guess we will call the hotel closer to the date and ask about getting a room with 2 beds or bed and sofa bed. Wish us luck! 

We ended up with the Crowne Plaza when my educated guess was either Hotel Indigo or Hilton Garden Inn. We;ll make the best of it. It still beats paying regular rates. 

Thanks,

LuAnn in Wisconsin

We welcome any questions that you have regarding PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, but please also post your wins as that is the information that others typically come here looking for and benefit from the post.  As well, please follow-up your threads: New Orleans Hotwire Downtown Hotel and Hotwire hotel San Francisco Union Square.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

In regards to your question above, it really depends upon the hotel (which typically makes their decision based upon the policy of competing hotels in the area, the percentage of rooms they have with on bed vs. two beds, etc, etc).  For instance... in Las Vegas it has become policy (especially at the higher rated hotels) that rooms with two beds cost more than rooms with one bed; similarly in NYC r(and many other large cities) ooms with two beds cost more as space is at a premium and hotels typically have a much higher percentage of rooms with only one bed, so two bedded rooms are considered an upgrade from standard.

More specific to your needs, if you look at the hotel you won and do a search for any dates with availability, you'll see that this hotel charges more (about $15/nite) for rooms with two beds vs. a room with one bed, regardless of how the room is booked.  You may get 'lucky' and be able to get a room with 2 beds just by asking (if the hotel is at low occupancy, has a large number of two bedded rooms available, and/or the front desk clerk is in a good mood, etc, etc) but i would also not be surprised if the hotel asked for a $15/nite upgrade since that is the difference they usually charge between a room with 1 bed and a room with 2 beds.

8 hours ago, koolkats3 said:

We ended up with the Crowne Plaza when my educated guess was either Hotel Indigo or Hilton Garden Inn.

If you're not, in the future use our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab click the 'FIND MATCH in HOTEL LIST'... you'll see that the this property is a perfect match for the Crowne Plaza.  If you see something that is less than an exact match, or want a second opinion before purchase, of course we're here to help.:smile:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.... and good luck with your bed request.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]