Priceline Hotel: Best Time to Book ?

2bhere
By 2bhere,
in

If you recall, please start by concluding your previous South Beach Hotwire hotel and Hotwire San Juan threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

In regards to your question above, the answer may differ depending upon where you are traveling to, dates of your stay (high season / low season for that area), how many hotels there are at the given star rating you're looking to purchase, and a whole host of other factors (many of which may be dependent upon the particular area that you are traveling to)

Did you have a specific upcoming trip in mind?  If so, where and when are you traveling?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you have specific dates in mind in October... Las Vegas is very much event/conference driven, as well as weekday vs. weekend.

Is anywhere on the Strip acceptable or are you looking for a specific area within the strip?  Are you looking for a 5 star hotel or something less?  Have you been to Vegas before or is this your first time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Additionally, so that we can suggest things tailored towards what you are looking for, can you confirm your desired budget per night (before taxes/fees) for this stay? Thank you.

Thanks for the reply guys.  i will be staying with friends 10/15 through 10/20, but I was thinking to get my own room 10/16 & 17. So, I'm really not tied to anything (I have a place to stay already)..just thinking if I can get a great deal for a couple of nights.  I guess I'm wondering if the best deals to be had are hotels with vacant rooms the day of arrival or in advance.  Or, there is just not way of knowing...LOL.

The short answer is that there is no way of knowing if rates will more higher or lower between now and your trip... but rates in Vegas do change more frequently, and to greater extremes, than any other hotel market in the country.

There are two moderate sized conventions taking place during these dates which could effect hotel demand (and therefore hotel rates as well):

Gamnig Expo: 10/15-10/17 with 26K attendees

SupplySide  West: 10/15-10/19 with 16K attendees

What type of 'deal' is it that you're looking for?  For example (rates are just for example purposes, i haven't searched extensively for your dates yet):

4 star hotel on the strip for $50

5 star hotel on the strip for $125

.... both of these could be considered a 'deal', but the person looking for a 5 star hotel wouldn't likely consider the 4 star property (no matter how cheap it was), and the person looking for a 'cheap' rate wouldn't consider the 5 star property.  Also keep in mind that most strip hotels now charge a $40-$50/nite resort fee, so you will need to factor that into your budget as well.

So... what type of 'deal' (using the example above) is it that you're looking for?  If you did find a deal (however you define it) are you looking to lock it in now or are your plans not yet firm that you wouldn't want to be committed yet?

Also, you can sign up for alerts at RateDrop and it will monitor rates at both PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, as well as any 'regular' retail rates that you'd like and notify you if/when the price drops. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]