Priceline Hotel: Looking to Bid on Downtown Seattle (Shopping District, Space Needle, Pike Place)

Liltennyo
By Liltennyo,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

22 minutes ago, Liltennyo said:

sorry if this is against the rules...

Not against the rules at all... it's what we do here! :smile:

A few points/issues to get started:

1) Priceline has been 'hiding' the bidding side of their service, so be aware of the site we set up for the quickest / easiest access to the bidding form: BiddingForHotelRooms.com

2) FREE PARKING - you're not going to find Free Parking any 'downtown' hotel in Seattle (at least none that i'm aware of)

3) FREE BREAKFAST - typically found at more of the mid-tier properties (2.5*-3.5*) and is seldom seen at 4 star and higher rated properties

4) not sure if you have already begun to research hotels for this trip but $120 isn't likely going to be enough for a 4 star hotel in the Downtown area... summer is peak season in Seattle just from a weather perspective (it's beautiful in July/August, then add on top of that cruise ship passengers staying in the city a few days prior/after their cruise and you have thrown more hotel demand into the mix

Realistically you're looking more in the $175 area for a 4 star hotel in the downtown area based upon current prices, so something is going to have to 'give'... either budget, location, star rating, etc?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not really much different in price between 3 star and 4 star hotels.

At the 3 star level this is one of the least expensive options (which includes Free Breakfast):

3* HOTWIRE Seattle Center, Space Needle, & Lake Union for $159.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
==> SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown/ S Lake Union is my best guess for this one, although i will add that this is new I-5 and not really what i would consider to be 'Downtown'... but it comes down to cost vs. convenience

I assume this is a leisure trip (or pre/post-cruise stay) and you're trying to stay centrally located to walk/see the sights?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So basically it will come down to budget vs. convenience, although a plan of driving into Seattle has it's own issues, including where do you park once you arrive downtown (it will be pay parking, although somewhat reasonable as far as large cities go).  Also, depending upon whether you like to drink or not, one nice thing about Seattle is that many bars/restaurants offer a Happy Hour that doesn't just include drinks but food items as well (and many restaurants also run a second Happy Hour 'late nite') so if you time it well you can eat at some very high end restaurants for a reasonable price during Happy Hour; if this is part of your plan then you also have to take into consideration driving home at the end of the day.

So if driving isn't an issue then you could theoretically stay just about anywhere.  If you prefer not to drive there is decent mass transit in the surrounding area:
Seattle Airport - typically will have good hotel rates and there is a LightRail system that goes downtown in about 40 minutes.  Certainly do-able, although it can be a bit a little time consuming waiting for the hotel shuttle to go to the airport, waiting for the light rail, and then the trip into downtown (and then the same in reverse).  Personally i love taking mass transit so something i wouldn't mind so much... but my wife on the other hand, not so much!:biggrin:

Bellevue - is a small city in it's own right.  The 'downtown' area has a bus depot that goes to/from Downtown Seattle.  It's not the quickest trip about 45 minutes depending upon traffic, but to make this feasible you would want a hotel that is walkable to the bus station or a hotel that is very near a bus stop.  I find 'downtown' Bellevue to be a pretty cool place to hang out as well, so i would much prefer a Bellevue Downtown hotel vs. one that is outside of downtown area.

OR back to actually staying in Downtown Seattle:

3* HOTWIRE Seattle Center, Space Needle, & Lake Union for $159.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
==> best guess here would be the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown/ S Lake Union... which although is not in the 'heart' of downtown, is about a 20 minute walk to both the Space Needle or Pike Place Market, includes breakfast (which maybe can help justify the higher than expected cost for a downtown hotel), and if you don't feel like walking i'm sure the public bus and/or uber could be utilized

To compare to an airport hotel:

3.5* SeaTac Airport (SEA) (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $127/nite with:
Airport Shuttle
Fitness Center
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor Swimming Pool
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Free Internet in room
==> Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport is my guess for this one, which according to their website is within walking distance to the LightRail (which eliminates some of the waiting time referenced above)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you decide to take the Springhill Suites or Radisson option above) and we'll take it from there.

Current parking fees at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown/ S Lake Union is $30/day (only valet parking is offered and includes in/out privileges)... but it looks like there are also some state and local taxes added on top of that)

I had only been searching above for 2adults/0children, but from your last comment it sounds like you're traveling with the rest of your family?  How many adults/children do you need accommodations for and how old are your children?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]