Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Downtown - Little Italy) Urban Boutique

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Hello again!  I am looking to stay in San Diego on August 23 and 24, departing on the 25th.  I would like to be close (15-20 minute walk or less than 10 minute drive) to Petco park, if possible.  However, my main objective is cost savings.  I am flexible with stars.  I would like to be above 2.5 if possible...unless a low star is a good clean hotel.  I am not concerned with amenities - a pool would be a bonus but is not needed.  I know this is a long shot but... as close to $100 - $125 is my ideal rate. 

Suggestions? Thoughts? 

Thank you!

I would search as follows to get a 'first look' at all of the options that meet your criteria:
1) search using our BiddingHelper.com tool

2) after the results are completed in the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab:

a) look for the price slider (it's right under the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab) and lower the dollar amount on the right side to $130 (or whatever you think your true limit is)

b) on the left side scroll to the star ratings and select 3* and higher (if you hover over the '3 stars' with your cursor you will see a link 'and higher' which will uncheck everything below 3 stars and checkmark everything 3 stars and higher)

c) at the top of the search results click the PRICE button which will now sort all of your results by price, lowest to highest

3) repeat 2a-2c in the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab

Using the method above do you see any zones that are anywhere near a 20 minute walk or 10 minute drive to the stadium?  If not, you can start to experimenting with the results above by increasing your budget (using the price slider) and/or lowering your star rating.

However, have you considered staying further out and taking mass transit (which if by subway/train/rail might even be quicker than driving, even if you are further out, given how quickly traffic can back up near stadiums on event days)... as far as i know there are a LOT of mass transit options going to Petco Park, and assuming you're heading to a game there, it's a way to start the 'game day' a bit early since most others on the train will also be heading to the game so there is usually a bit of camaraderie (unless of course you're wearing the opposing teams colors!😉)

Let us know if you find anything that seems to meet your criteria and we can then aim to identify it (if the 'FIND MATCH in HOTEL LIST' button doesn't give you a 100% match) or how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the method above i think this may be your closest / best option (but if you find something else that seems attractive feel free to post it):

3* HOTWIRE Downtown - Little Italy for $134.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Business
==> Urban Boutique Hotel is my best guess for this one, which Google puts at a 9 minute drive (or 14 minutes via mass transit)

Would this work for your plans?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: i also see The Porto Vista Hotel for $150/nite, but the one above seems to have better reviews, is cheaper, and just about the same commute times; i only mention this one to give you another option or if you were for somehow familiar with this property and wanted to stay here again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the BiddingHelper.com click the 'regular' HOTWIRE tab (or click this link to HOTWIRE) and filter the results to show 3 star hotels in the Downtown-Little Italy zone... you should see this same listing and it will offer a King Bed option at this same $134/nite rate.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see we were able to find something that worked out perfectly for your needs and just slightly over your target budget... certainly a great deal given the requirements. 

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.... and have fun at the baseball game (assuming that is the purpose of the trip)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]