Non-smoking hotels in NYC?

Traveldrea
By Traveldrea,
in

Hello! This will be my first time using either Priceline or Hotwire. I am travelling to NYC October 3-7th and am looking to stay in either the Times Square/Midtown East/Rockefeller/Central Park south area. Hoping for a 4-star hotel (or higher). Budget is around $200/night but we have some flexibility.

We really need a non-smoking room and would prefer a hotel that is entirely non-smoking. I don’t see an option to filter hotels on that criteria. I’ve searched through the forums and only found dated information which suggests that we could end up with a smoking room. I was wondering whether anyone had updated information about whether we can be guaranteed a non-smoking room and if so, how to go about that.

thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you on a Desktop? (if you're on a mobile device let me know as i'll then access from my phone to provide instructions as i'm more used to the desktop)...

Use this link to search HOTWIRE and once the search is completed, at the top of the search results, there will be some boxes.  Select the one that says AMENITIES.  At the bottom of the list of amenities click the link that says 'Show 22 more amenities' (don't worry if your number is slightly more or less than 22).  Once you click that link look for 'Smoke-free rooms' (the list is alphabetical) and place a checkmark next to that option (then click a blank white space area on the page in order to get rid of the grey overlay)

Use this link for PRICELINE EXPRESS and once your search is complete on the left side you should see a heading AMENITIES.  Click the 'Show more amenities' link and then look for the text 'No Smoking Rooms/Facilities'.... place a checkmark here and the list will be filtered to hotels that are Smoke Free.

Almost all NYC hotels are smoke free, but using the above methods will ensure (in writing) that you will get a smoke free.

Using this criteria i did have a quick look at rates for your dates and this one stood out as being inexpensive (relative to the others) with very good ratings:

4.5 Star Times Square - Theatre District (<-- CLICK HERE and confirm your dates on the landing page) for $144/nite with:

Free Internet In Public Areas

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Fitness Center

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet Access
==> best guess for this property would be the New York Marriott Marquis.  This property is right in the center of Times Square (which being a local is not really my thing, although being from out of town it might be exactly what you're looking for) and at this price would be a steal, imo (and i would not expect it to stick around very long, for comparison, there is a 4 star hotel in MTE (which i believe to be The Maxwell New York City, which is a half star lower rated, $20 more expensive per nite, not as centrally located, and not as well reviewed... otherwise anything 4 star or higher in Manhattan starts at $222/nite)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As i mentioned above, i'm very familiar with the area, so feel free to ask any questions you may have... and let us know how it goes if you take the offer above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]