Priceline Hotel: How do I go to BIDDING on Priceline site DIRECT?

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

I'm posting this here because it's a two part question. I bid at least twice a year and when I went into Lansdale, PA to start on a 3 star and go down to 2 1/2. I keep getting full price, Express Deals and then Stev's Deals but I no longer see the link to Name Your Own Price. I found yesterday and lost bid (I used the BB link) but Now I can't find it. Annoying. Is there a url that gets you to NYOP?

Next Based on past history, I'd like to TRY to score a 2 1/2 star in either Lansdale or if not Montgomeryville for $60 max. Got last year in Montgomeryville for $55. for similar dates.

I thought plan would be:

Lansdale $59

If rejected, Add Montgomeryville and bid $60

If rejected Drop to to 2 1/2 at $60.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! I ALWAYS use BB link.

Our sister site, BiddingForHotelRooms.com, will take you directly to the Name Your Own Price Priceline Bidding page.

33 minutes ago, SteveinPhilly1 said:

Lansdale $59

If rejected, Add Montgomeryville and bid $60

If rejected Drop to to 2 1/2 at $60.

I haven't looked at rates for your dates, but generally speaking, NOPE... not a good plan; you almost never want to increase your bid and lower your star rating at the same time.

Take this example as the 'right' price at each star level:

3* - $75

2.5* - $50

==> using your example you win at $60 even though you never tried to win it at a lower price

If you let us know the dates of your trip above we'll have a look and suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. that link works. My dates are August 16 in August 18 out TWO nights. I can get Ft. Washington Best Western for $50 with a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal but that's an extra 10+ miles. Would Rather syay in Lansdale or Montgomeryville. Last year I got Staybridge Suites for $60 in Montgomeryville same dates.

Also, I'd like Breakfast included.  I have time but would like to book. 

Thanks.

Steve

In the immediate area around Montgomeryville and Landsdale the best regular price i'm seeing for a 2.5* or higher is $116/nite... making your currently $60 maximum bid about half of prevailing rates, which does not give you a very high probability of success.

Not sure exactly where you plans in the area will take you, but would the Horsham-Fort Washington zone work?  Looks like there are some 2.5-3 star hotels with good ratings and within your budget.  For example, this one:

3* Horsham - Fort Washington hotel for $65/nite

Free Internet In Room

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Indoor Swimming Pool

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Fitness Center

Handicapped Rooms/Facilities

Business Center

Free Internet In Public Areas

Free Internet Access

Swimming Pool

==> Springhill Suites Willow Grove would be my best guess for this one... and gives you the Free Breakfast you're hoping for

(NOTE: this is different than the 'standard' 3 star hotel in this zone that appears on the Priceline page (as that one doesn't offer Free Breakfast) so don't confuse the one above with the one that they are currently offering)

How far would this be from where you need to be?  Could you make this work at all at this price?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Boy you are fast! So here's more info.

I need to be 8 miles west of Lansdale (in Schwenksville)  so Montgomeryville Works.too.  Last year I same Friday and Saturday Night I got Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Montgomeryville 16 miles from Schwenksville  for $60.00 I was sharing but this time just solo. (Also PL does not guarantee two beds so one slept on couch!)

I used to get Plymouth Meeting/ Conshohocken but that often put me at Marriott near the Schuylkill.

Ft. Washington is almost acceptable as I can take Route 73 - putting me 35 minutes east of where I need to be. But It also includes Horsham which makes it 23 miles miles from where I need to be 

I was happy with Best Western Ft. Washington before (it's 18 miles from Schwenksville) but I can get it as a past guest via PL at $50.  If I have to stay in Ft. Washington, I guess I have option of BIDDING 2.5 star there for $45.00 It includes a decent breakfast.

Only using room to sleep 7 hours each night so location and breakfast most important. 

Any other guidance appreciated.

Steve

15 minutes ago, SteveinPhilly1 said:

(in Schwenksville)

As a kid i want to camp in Schewenksville.:biggrin:

31 minutes ago, SteveinPhilly1 said:

I was happy with Best Western Ft. Washington before (it's 18 miles from Schwenksville) but I can get it as a past guest via PL at $50

If this works for you then i would consider this... the price seems right, it's just about where you need to be, offers breakfast, etc.  I'm not sure if i would bid for it out of concern of winning something different where the location might not work as well, it may not offer breakfast, or you could be upgraded to a 3 star hotel that you hadn't even considered; you'll need to decide of these risks are worth saving $5/nite.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]